[SOLVED] CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile

9 years 4 months ago #255385 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile
Was able to confirm your issue and have created the following bug ticket for further investigation and fixing for a new release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4957

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255388 by krileon
Was able to find the cause of the issue. CB Conditional 4.0.4 should be released sometime today to resolve the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 4 months ago #255395 by conquist
Replied by conquist on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile
Hi Kyle, thanks for the help but it does not work well.

It's not change anything. :(
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #255398 by krileon
It works perfectly fine in all my tests. Your condition is likely incorrect or you're conditioning the field multiple times, which results in only the last condition being relevant. Example as follows.

Mode: Condition others
Operator: Equal To
Value: Value 1
Show: Test

When I select the Value 1 from the multiselect, the Test field shows up, I add a value to it, click Update, and it's saved properly. If I select Value 1 and Value 2 then the condition will not match.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 4 months ago #255411 by conquist
Replied by conquist on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile
Hi Kile, one of my two wrong case now is OK because I have changed the mode condition.

I'm not able to change the other one case because the condition is over of 5 fields.

The case is this:

field1: Normal "drop down single select" value "Yes/No"

field2:
Mode: Condition self ( the field is a drop down single select with many values )
Field: the name of field1
Value: Yes
Show: Yes

field3,4,5,6:
Mode: Condition self ( the field is a radio button )
Field: field2
Value: Empty
Show: No

In this case the select is Ok but it does not save the value of the fields 3,4,5,6.

9 years 4 months ago #255414 by krileon
Your 3, 4, 5, and 6 condition is likely just not valid for your usage. Instead of using Equal To Empty try using the Is Empty operator. Please also keep in mind you can not condition a field multiple times. Doing so results in the last condition being applied being the only relevant condition. This is due to no AND/OR condition support; they're all treated as individual conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn