[#5273] SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 1 week ago #263525 by MAYASIMA
[#5273] SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL was created by MAYASIMA
The send a message via email function is not working for me. First wen visiting a profile and selecting "Send email to user" It brings me to a page were the heading says: "SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL TO". When I try to send a message anyway. I get an error: "Your email failed to send! Please try again."

I was looking for the settings of this function but the only settings I found are in the CB configuration and do not apply to this issue. Have I not configured something correctly or should I install a plugin?

Thanks,

Sima

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL
Are emails sending at all from CB? Try sending an email to your self or that user using CB > User Management and its Mass Mailer button (first check a users checkbox). Could be a mailer configuration issue. Please also provide Joomla and CB versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263580 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL
CB version is 2.0.8 and Joomla 3.4.1.

Mass mailer, registration email, pending account activation emails all work fine. There is only an issue when a community users is trying to send an email via the link provided on the profile. I assume the mailer configuration is the same as for the other mailing functions. If not were can I find it?

Thanks,

Sima

9 years 2 weeks ago #263586 by krileon
Is the email actually not sending? It could just be a response issue of the function. It's all the same code. All going through the same mailer API. So if the others work then so should it. Also ensure you don't have email sending turned off globally within Joomla global configuration as that'll cause a false response in all mailer cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263588 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic SEND A MESSAGE VIA EMAIL

Is the email actually not sending?

It is indeed not sending.

Also ensure you don't have email sending turned off globally within Joomla global configuration as that'll cause a false response in all mailer cases.

Is not turned off.

9 years 2 weeks ago #263593 by krileon
Are you trying to send an email to another user while logged in or are you using the public feature to send while not logged in? Sending while logged in seams to be working fine in all my tests. I don't see anything in the code that'd specifically cause this unless you didn't supply a subject and message for the email.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn