Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #266185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
Have further reviewed with the help your for FTP credentials and it looks like as soon as Application::Cms()->getClientId() is called in cbpaidsubscriptions.sysplug.php the template layout overrides stop working. That calls our CBLib function, which in turn basically calls JFactory::getApplication()->getClientId().

I then checked your templates files and it has no layouts under html folder. The module layout override should be at /templates/baseline/html/modules.php. It looks like they are a part of your templates framework system plugin "System - Yjsg Framework", but I've no idea how it's loading those layouts as that's not how template layout overrides are used. As I'm not familiar enough with your template I'm not sure what more to suggest other than trying to reach them for further support with this information.

Specifically the layout override it's normally using is at the following location.

/plugins/system/yjsg/includes/html/modules.php

As a quick fix I've copied it to be directly in your template at the following location, which resolves your issue.

/templates/baseline/html/modules.php

This fixes the styling issues of your sign up module, but the other layouts probably also need to be copied over from the above plugin directory to the template directory.

There's not much more I can suggest as the issue appears confirmed in the template. Calling getClientId just allows CBSubs to determine if it needs to load in CBSubs Content or not as we don't load it on backend and getClientId gives you a value of 0 or 1 (0 for frontend, 1 for backend) so it's a very commonly used function. Looks like it's probably a cache issue in the frameworks system plugin when it's defining $this->app.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
8 years 11 months ago #266202 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
this is a very interesting issue for sure, especially given the fact that i have used every other version of CB & CBSubs for several years with no issue. all of the sudden this occurs only with CBSubs as you mention. given the fact that i am currently using CBSubs i do not see if it will be worth the time it takes for the upgrade until a complete site overhaul is made.
please see your pm.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #266223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
The issue is with how your templates framework is trying to load in layout overrides. I am not familiar with the frameworks code so I can't suggest much beyond that. I can however suggest a quickfix, which is to do the following.

Copy the files and folders from the below location.

plugins/system/yjsg/includes/html/

To the following location.

templates/baseline/html/

The layout overrides will now be where they should be and will work fine. I've shown this with modules.php already.

CBSubs is just calling a Joomla framework function to determine if it's on frontend or backend. It's doing nothing out of the ordinary in that regard. Why this messes up the template framework I don't know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
8 years 11 months ago #266247 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
thank you for the temp solution. i will conduct further analysis with the dev team of the template for an explanation of their overrides. most appreciated!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon