[#5634] Email notifications to users after installing GJ 3.0

8 years 4 months ago #274604 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275016 by gjschaller
OK, this is weird.

A user with is receiving notices for a board she has not visited in years. However, when I check the Subscriptions in the Joomla Database, her User ID does not have any subscriptions for that category - and they are new posts that she has not subscribed to.

The Email notes she is subscribed to the category (not the topic), even though in the Kunena DB she is listed as not being subscribed (Subscribed=0).

I'm not sure now if this is a CB / GJ issue, or a Kunena issue... my only hunch is that it began right after installing GJ 3.0, and JV-ShrinkTheWeb (which shouldn't interact with the forums).

If you need access to my site, I can arrange for a Guest Admin login.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 4 months ago #275181 by krileon
Is the user subscribed to the category of the group? or the top level category that contains all groups? A subscription has to be somewhere, but at any rate it should bee checking access for that and will investigate further when reviewing the ticket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275182 by gjschaller
When I query the Joomla DB directly, that user has NO subscriptions, for any categories or topics, at all.

SELECT * FROM `XXXX_kunena_user_topics` WHERE `user_id` = 93 AND `subscribed` = 1

returns no results on both kunena_user_topics and kunena_user_categories

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 4 months ago #275200 by krileon
Ah, I see the issue. The allowed parameter for Kunena authoriseUsers is not for providing an array of users who are allowed to be notified, but it's a parameter to determine the recipients entirely (well.. that's not confusing at all!). Am fixing for next nightly release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275202 by gjschaller
Wonderful! Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn