[SOLVED] "Nested" Progress possible?

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281485 by azjr
Hi Kyle: I have one progress field tracking account completion (name, phone, etc.) -
I have another progress field where I would like to include the account progress field as one of the selection steps - not to include all of the individual fields, but just the entire account progress as a group.
SO that when Account-Progress is incomplete, that field within "Extra-Progress" shows as red x;
However, as I tried the usual process way, the field is shown as completed - what would I need to do to show / setup it correctly?

Also - this brings me to other topic on displaying the titles within the progress field: is there a way to substitute the titles for various cases? (similar to the value edit) - i.e. fields with more descriptive titles (applicable for edit) are too long for the progress bar display... any idea what can i do here?
thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281488 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic "Nested" Progress possible?
Update:
hmm.. I thought I came up with pretty smart way around it: the stage is: 2 progress fields - when one is completed, have the other one update one of the fields representing the progress field.
(FYI: this is not a solution - just a test!)
  1. created checkbox field
  2. created auto action - onafterupdateuser and onafteruserupdate; type=field; condition: if cb_progress_account equal to 100; action: field=cb_progres_field; operator=set (field=value) value=1;
The idea was that if there is a checkbox field (invisible) and after the account profile is completed (progress=100) then auto action would update checkbox to value =1 -> and, since this field is one of the fields in the other progress bar, it should nicely show check mark.

In principle this could (should?) work - however: the second progress field has several checkboxes - after user updates the account - and auto action runs - the values in each of the fields (checkboxes) are set to 0 (at start they are NULL) - that causes the progress bar to display checkmark (as completed) -because it sees 0 as a positive value (?)
This one is little complex and I hope I have explained the case clearly.

=> Update: OUCH... I found post with the bug in checkbox: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5862
so Kyle, what's the way around it at this point? use radio instead of checkboxes?

7 years 11 months ago #281489 by azjr
Now I really screwed it up... I tried to change the checkbox to text and update auto action - after that, I tested (update user fields) - and I'm getting now this error everytime I'm trying to save anything in CB user account:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 29361965 bytes) in /home/***/public_html/***/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 2050

7 years 11 months ago #281509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Nested" Progress possible?

Hi Kyle: I have one progress field tracking account completion (name, phone, etc.) -
I have another progress field where I would like to include the account progress field as one of the selection steps - not to include all of the individual fields, but just the entire account progress as a group.
SO that when Account-Progress is incomplete, that field within "Extra-Progress" shows as red x;
However, as I tried the usual process way, the field is shown as completed - what would I need to do to show / setup it correctly?

On progress field can not track the progress of another. I highly recommend just adding the fields of both to your second. I've added a feature ticket to see if I can implement support for this though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5961

Also - this brings me to other topic on displaying the titles within the progress field: is there a way to substitute the titles for various cases? (similar to the value edit) - i.e. fields with more descriptive titles (applicable for edit) are too long for the progress bar display... any idea what can i do here?
thanks!

Nope, it just uses the regular field label. There's no configuration for this and no plans for such configuration. The same field label is shown in profile view and profile edit so your field labels should be not be location specific.

=> Update: OUCH... I found post with the bug in checkbox: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5862
so Kyle, what's the way around it at this point? use radio instead of checkboxes?

Multi-Checkbox would probably work with more specific values or yes a radio field.

Now I really screwed it up... I tried to change the checkbox to text and update auto action - after that, I tested (update user fields) - and I'm getting now this error everytime I'm trying to save anything in CB user account:

No idea, disable your auto action and see if that solves it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281516 by azjr
Thanks Kyle:
when I was tinkering with the fields, I must have corrupted something within my admin account and couldn't get it back - any other accounts were fine - just this one - without much ado, I just deleted it and created another.

RE: radio buttons or multiple checkboxes: isn't the principle same here? you generate some value ( A or B ) so once value is selected, the field is no more empty - thus the progress bar will fail to register the correct state

7 years 11 months ago #281517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Nested" Progress possible?
No need to worry. Keep your existing checkbox usage. CB Progress Field 3.0.4 should be available early tomorrow at latest. I've fixed checkbox usage and implemented support for chaining progress fields (one progress field can check progress of another).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azjr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn