[SOLVED] GroupJive "latest groups" module question

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296554 by Vorak
Hello,

Awhile back I installed the GroupJive module to show the "latest groups".

While the module in general is working fine, I noticed that it doesn't actually show the latest groups. There are some groups showing that have been created a long time ago (many years ago), while groups that were created only very recently aren't showing in the module. Any idea what could be the cause of this?

When I updated Community Builder to CB2, along with GroupJive, I must say that the GroupJive update was a little messy. I noticed that some groups were having a bunch of members that weren't in there before the update, and other groups suddenly had less members. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296577 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
That's not possible for it to order an older group before a newer group. It's strictly a simple database query of which is ordering by date descending. Seams to be displaying perfectly fine in my tests. Only reason for it to mess up is the date is either missing or wrong for some of your groups. Check within Gj > Groups in backend and order by "Date descending" that the dates are correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296600 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
Hello,

I just did what you suggested and saw where the problem is coming from.

There is a group, that I created myself only a few months ago, that is dated to 31/05/10, about seven years before. I'm not sure how it happened though that this group is set to 2010 when it was really created in 2017? It was also given ID 4, while recent groups have ID's around 20. It's as if it somehow confused the new group with an old one (that was probably deleted quite some time ago) and it took the creation date of the old group with the same ID for the new one - at least that's my guess.

Of course, given that date, it is normal that the module doesn't display it among the "latest". So the problem is not with the module but with something in GroupJive itself.

6 years 7 months ago #296603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
GroupJive does not touch the date once it has been saved. You can't even modify the date for a group unless you do so directly in the database. So I've no explanation as to why the date was wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296606 by Vorak
Yes I understand that. But when I upgraded GroupJive along with CB to CB 2 earlier this year, the GroupJive update was rather messy. I now have groups that have members in them that aren't supposed to be in there, and other groups are empty that are supposed to have more members.

I have the idea that something went wrong there and is the cause for this. Of course, it's too late now to go back and try that GroupJive update again. It also seems that other newly created groups all seem to be set up correctly now. So since only one group (coincidentally my own) appears to be affected, maybe I can just change the date for it in MySQL - can you perhaps tell me where to look for that particular value in MySQL?

6 years 7 months ago #296620 by Vorak
I have managed to change the date for the group in MySQL, and the module now shows the group among the latest as it should. Thanks! :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn