[SOLVED] GroupJive "latest groups" module question

6 years 8 months ago #296650 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
Hello,

Sorry to bother you again, but I ran into a new issue with the groupjive module :(

I just created a few new groups, and the module shows them correctly as "latest". But when I exclude the category these new groups are placed in, the module still shows these new groups anyway.

Perhaps it is something I overlooked?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
Was able to confirm. That indeed appears to be a bug. Reviewing and fixing for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6741

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296659 by Vorak
Ok thank you! Can you let me know once the fix will be ready?

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296662 by Vorak
Another quick question:

Is there a way to show the groups within a certain category in a particularly chosen order in the front-end (not talking about the module, just the component page)?

I created a number of groups in one particular category today, but they all seem to be ordered randomly. I have tried reordering them in the GroupJive backend, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. They're not even showing in the order they were created in.

EDIT: It appears that the groups with the most members are placed first, with the least members placed last.

EDIT 2: ok its not sorted that way either...

6 years 8 months ago #296689 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question

Ok thank you! Can you let me know once the fix will be ready?

You can watch for new releases on our releases page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/releases

Our Install from Web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin will also notify you of updates available.

Is there a way to show the groups within a certain category in a particularly chosen order in the front-end (not talking about the module, just the component page)?

Within a certain category, yes. Just create a Joomla menu item that's Community Builder > Plugin type and for Plugin select CB GroupJive. Then set Action to Category and supply a category id to the ID parameter.

I created a number of groups in one particular category today, but they all seem to be ordered randomly. I have tried reordering them in the GroupJive backend, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. They're not even showing in the order they were created in.

Groups are not ordered randomly. They are ordered by their create date unless you changed this within CB GroupJive > Parameters > Groups > Paging. If you're viewing a category then the ordering for groups in categories is configurable in CB GroupJive > Parameters > Categories > Groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296693 by Vorak
Hello again,

Thanks - I will check the new releases regularly.

Concerning the order of groups within a certain category:

I do have a menu item with category ID number specified. So when I go to that menu item, then only the groups of that category are displayed, so that is working correct for me.

The problem is that the order in which the groups of that category are displayed. They are not in the order of creation date, nor by ID, nor by the order I have tried to set (in the back-end). No matter what order I try to give them in the back-end, the front-end does not change the order at all.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn