[SOLVED] GroupJive "latest groups" module question

6 years 8 months ago #296695 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
A quick note on the groupjive module:

I just noticed that, when I login with a regular (non-admin) user, the module correctly displays only the groups of the correct category. It's only when logged in as admin on the front-end that the issue appears. I thought I'd let you know, in case it might be useful information for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296699 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question

The problem is that the order in which the groups of that category are displayed. They are not in the order of creation date, nor by ID, nor by the order I have tried to set (in the back-end). No matter what order I try to give them in the back-end, the front-end does not change the order at all.

I'm not able to confirm this. In all my tests they appear to be ordered by their create date by default or by whatever value the parameter in CB GroupJive > Parameters > Categories > Groups is set to. You can directly see the ORDER BY in the query by enabling debug mode within Joomla global configuration, navigate to you category, and expand the Database Queries log. You'll find a non-COUNT SELECT query against _groupjive_groups. All of this is also working fine on our demo site. I'm guessing your dates are maybe wrong for your groups?

I just noticed that, when I login with a regular (non-admin) user, the module correctly displays only the groups of the correct category. It's only when logged in as admin on the front-end that the issue appears. I thought I'd let you know, in case it might be useful information for you.

Yup, that's the bug with the exclude parameters not working. That's fixed for next build of the module, which should be out later today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296756 by Vorak
Hello again,

In regards to the module: I have updated to the latest version, and can confirm that it now shows correctly.

In regards to the order of groups showing in the front-end:
Yes, I believe you when you say that the ORDER BY is there as you say, I wasn't calling that in question :) It's just that, in my case, something is apparently working out different.

To show you what I mean, I have made a few screenshots.

Groupjive-manualorder: the order I want them in, and have set them at in the backend. I clicked the save-icon. The order is preserved correctly every time I go to the group list in the backend.

Groupjive-bydate: I have ordered them here by creation date. There are a few groups that were already created back in 2010, all the others are created recently.

Groupjive-byID: I have ordered them here by ID.

Groupjive-frontend: this is what the list of groups looks like on the frontend with a menu link that points specifically to this group category only.
As you can see, the order in which they are placed here, does not resemble any of the orders in the backend I have made screenshots of. Which is why I don't know what to do to change their order anymore :(

(note: there are 12 groups in total, but I could only get 10 on my screen for the screenshots of the backend)
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #296781 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive "latest groups" module question
Enable debug mode and review the query at the bottom of the page. You'll see exactly what the ORDER BY in the query is using removing all doubt as to what it's ordering by.

Reviewing the code the default in PHP is different from the default in XML, but should be a non-issue if the GJ configuration has been saved at least once. The default in PHP is by the ordering and default in XML is by the date. Based off your screenshot you've it set to order by the number of users in the group, which you can configure within GJ > Categories > Groups if you don't want that ordering.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296809 by Vorak
Hello again,

I owe you an apology. It seems I had misunderstood where you meant for me to check the settings of the group order. I didn't know you meant to look into the GroupJive configuration, so I was looking at the groups and categories themselves. I have looked now at the group settings in the GJ configuration. Didn't change anything, but "saved" the configuration again. And there we go: the groups are now listed in the order I wanted them to.

Sorry again for the confusion on my behalf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn