[#7719] Filters in CB Activity

4 years 6 months ago #314303 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Filters in CB Activity
An additional remark:

The "My Forum Posts" filter works perfectly fine when I try it with my admin account.
However, when I try with a test account (which has very few connections) it doesn't work and just reloads whatever the last used filter was showing on the page.

This made me wonder if the "reloading the same" only occurs if the filter has nothing to show (the test account has made no forum posts). However, the results of my above post were done with my admin account which has plenty connections and should get results for each filter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Filters in CB Activity
The database query adjusts it self based off the number of connections. If the number is greater than 50 it does a subquery otherwise it just performs an IN statement. This appears to be working perfectly fine for both cases on my test install. Recommend making sure your install is completely up to date to be sure there's not an old bug causing problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314305 by Vorak
Hello,

CB and all plugins are at the latest version.

My admin account has nearly 2000 connections, my test account just 3.

4 years 6 months ago #314310 by krileon
Where exactly are you adding these filters? Earlier you mentioned in a module. So you're configuring this within a CB Activity Module, within Joomla menu item, globally within CB Activity plugin, or within the Activity tab? In addition to where you're configuring these where are you using them (e.g. configured globally, but testing in module)? Maybe a location dependent bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314311 by Vorak
Hello,

I am doing all this in a CB Activity module. It is the only place where I have recently started adding filters.

Until recently, I was using a menu link to CB Activity, but I decided to start using a module instead so that the menu link "home" shows information & news when not logged in, and instead shows the activity wall when logged in.

So for that reason, I have not tried to add filters or anything to CB Activity as a menu link or anything, only as a module which is only visible to registered users and up.

4 years 6 months ago #314313 by krileon
Try adding the filters to the Activity tab within CB > Tab Management and see if they work on the Activity tab on your profile. This would confirm it's a location based bug. Filters on activity tab and menu item are both tested as working fine. Will also review module filters to see what could be going wrong with them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn