[GROUPJIVE] Page error after try to create a group (limited at 3 by users)

3 years 9 months ago #319553 by Julien04
Hello,

I just limited the number of group creation to 3 for users.

When the user has created these 3 groups and returns to try creating a 4 °, an error occurs.

The typical 404 page appears saying:

The page is not redirected correctly

An error occurred during a connection to www.site.com.

The cause of this problem can be the deactivation or refusal of cookies.

Can you see it please?

Thanks by advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319562 by beat
How did you limit the groups creation ?

How did you manage to "try to create 4th" ?

The button "New Group" disappears once the limit set in GroupJive Settings / Parameters / Groups / General / "Create Limit" is reached.

I even tried to keep a creation window open to force-create another one, and I got "Error - You do not have sufficient permissions to create a group.".

So, no, sorry, not able to reproduce.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319612 by Julien04

How did you limit the groups creation ?

CB Plugins > GroupJive > Setting > Groups > General > Limit to creat : 3

How did you manage to "try to create 4th" ?

I have create a direct link by an itemid Menu (Custom Direct URL Joomla)!

The "Create another group" button no longer appears, the limitation is taken into account.

But by clicking on the direct link, the url with the alias giving access to the creation of the group created this error page.

Seams URL Routing?

Thanks!

3 years 9 months ago #319615 by krileon
CB GroupJive can't hide a Joomla menu item dynamically based off the create limit so trying to access that page after you've reached the limit will block access to that page. They should be redirected away with one of the following errors.

"You do not have sufficient permissions to create a group."

or

"You do not have sufficient permissions to create a group in this category."

What is the URL at the top of the page (remove domain from the URL) when seeing the error? It should try to send you to the all categories page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319690 by Julien04
Hello,

This is what I thought Groupjive would do but a latency is created to arrive at a page saying:

The page is not redirected correctly

An error occurred while connecting to www.xxxxxxx.fr.

The cause of this problem may be the deactivation or refusal of cookies.

The url is: https://www.MY_DOMAIN.fr/groupes/creez-un-nouveau-groupe

I send screenshoot.

Thanks !!

Julien
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #319693 by krileon
Turn off Joomla SEO then retry and provide what URL it's trying to redirect you to. I've no idea where it's trying to send you based off the SEF URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn