Row size too large

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326032 by matthewdavey
Row size too large was created by matthewdavey
I got Row size too large when I tried to make a save a new image field

The field was actually created anyway but when I try to upload and SAVE the image I get 1054 - Unknown column 'cb_myimage in 'field list'
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Since this problem I have been getting more problems with cb_fields not saving properly.
I have to change tables or something?
Can you explain exactly do I do?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326047 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Row size too large
You've hit row size limits for your database. You probably have too many fields. How many fields do you currently have?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326051 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Row size too large
I have 229 cb_fields
I need more?

Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326053 by krileon
You shouldn't be hitting limits with only 229 fields, but it'll depend on what types of fields you are using.

It's possible this is entirely due to wrong collation on the database table. Using phpmyadmin navigate to _comprofiler table and click Operations then under "Table options" set "Collation" to "utf8mb4_unicode_ci" and select the "Change all column collations" checkbox then click Go.

Aside from that please search the forums as we've extensively covered this topic. We won't have a complete fix to this until we redesign the _comprofiler table and that's not happening until CB 3.x where we want to just move the fields to Joomla profile storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326057 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Row size too large
I got error changing the field collation to "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"

Error
Static analysis:

2 errors were found during analysis.

Missing comma before start of a new alter operation. (near "DEFAULT CHARSET" at position 33)
Unrecognized alter operation. (near "DEFAULT CHARSET" at position 33)
SQL query: Edit Edit

ALTER TABLE `dfiffg_comprofiler` DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'message_last_sent'

2 years 7 months ago #326058 by krileon
That's due to our datetime columns not using NULL default yet. We're working on merging and releasing a fix for that to make the database structure compatible with SQL strict mode. There isn't really a simple workaround unless you're experienced with SQL as you'll have to write the SQL to change the collations manually instead of using the phpmyadmin operation.

We should have the database structure fix out sometime this week.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds