Row size too large

2 years 7 months ago #326085 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Row size too large
Im getting
1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs when I save

And I get
1062 Duplicate entry '0-1-first-aid-' for key 'idx_client_id_parent_id_alias_language'
When I saved a lesson category

I also get this error
Oops!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') GROUP BY u.id' at line 4

I have been getting errors for a while?
I thought I broke something in the comprofiler table? I had to get one from another database to replace it?
Could this be the datetime columns not using NULL default yet. ?

How do I fix this (syntax) with phpmyadmin?

(You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use)

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326088 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Row size too large
You've hit the row size limit for your database. There is no workaround for that. You have to reduce the size of the row or you are not going to be able to create new fields. It's likely due to the collation being wrong, but you can't change the collation due to SQL_MODE blocking you from doing so due to zero dates not being allowed. I don't have any other workaround other than globally turning off blocking of zero dates. Run the following query in phpmyadmin.

SET GLOBAL sql_mode = '';

Once done use the operation again as instructed below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/244233-row-size-too-large?start=0#326053

See if this reduced row size and if you can create new fields again. I can't comment on your other database issues as they aren't related to CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326104 by matthewdavey
Can you tell me how and the exact place to put
SET GLOBAL sql_mode = ''; I dont want to break anything.

please
In phpmyadmin

Thanks

2 years 7 months ago #326105 by krileon
It's a query you run directly under the SQL tab when viewing your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326393 by matthewdavey
Im getting error when I run the query

SET GLOBAL sql_mode = ''
MySQL said: Documentation

#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

How do I fix this
Thanks

2 years 6 months ago #326396 by krileon
Your database user doesn't have enough permissions to set it. Contact your host regarding this.

1062 Duplicate entry '0-1-first-aid-' for key 'idx_client_id_parent_id_alias_language'
When I saved a lesson category

That's on a Joomla table. Specifically the _menu table. You may have some Joomla core database structure issues. Looks like you're trying to save a menu item with an alias that already exists? I'm not sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds