Editor Text Area and JCE

1 year 6 months ago #331234 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
Kyle;
Do the Community Builder Substitutions not work in the Editor Text Area?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
No. Allowing user content to process substitutions would allow them to use substitutions to see anyone's information. Substitutions will work in Custom HTML fields which have their content supplied by the admin and not the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333913 by bmeeker
Hi Kyle - been a while since I last wrote on this issue, but only because I have been dealing with building the site out.
As always, appreciate your help.
I have continued to have an issue with JCE not showing the editor window and only showing the code view when opening the editor again after changes were previously saved for that editor text area field. If you close the field and reopen a second time, it works to show the editor window properly.
As I have been building and testing the site - I have just gotten used to opening and closing the editor text area field twice to make it work after saving the field.
If you don't save, the editor window comes up properly each time. But if you save, the next time you try to edit, it shows the code view. So you have to close and open again. . . 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love the editor text area field and use it for a great part of my sites.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
JCE doesn't work for me properly on Joomla 4. It won't render in frontend. Seams to work fine in backend. It hasn't been updated to Joomla 4 editor plugin coding structure so it doesn't seam to be initializing properly. I wouldn't expect it to work very well given it is still using entirely Joomla 3 plugin structure. We're calling Joomla's API for returning and displaying an editor so I'm not sure what more we could do. The JS API to initialize JCE is also being called from CB Core Fields Ajax to force it to load as well.

I suggest using TinyMCE included with Joomla. Is there a specific feature in JCE that you're needing?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333938 by bmeeker
Kyle:

I love the CB product, appreciate your help, but don't agree with your answer.

JCE does work on the front end. Been using it for years with older version of CB. Been using it for the past 7 months with my new build on Joomla4.
So it does work, it just has the glitch of coming up with the code view after saving an Editor Text Area field. Everything else works fine (except one other small glitch I am asking JCE to fix).

I use JCE because it has more features than TINYMCE. It has access to image and file folders, customizable style lists, and I can embed iframes and videos.
My TINYMCE does not allow me to insert a video or iframe - and I can't find a fix for it - maybe CB is making it so it can't. It also doesn't seem to allow the option of choosing a local image file from a folder.

My clients are insurance Brokers. They need to provide their clients and possibly tens of thousands of employees with access to their health insurance contact info and general info PDFs..  They need to provide instructional videos embedded on the benefit websites. It is imperative!

My main site that uses CB is a Control Panel. It allows my clients to easily create Insurance Benefit Information websites and these benefit websites are populated with the info from a CB user account on the Control Panel. They may have 10 benefit websites or 100 or more.
Each one has a CB user account on the Control Panel that supplies the info shown on the each individual benefit website.

I use CB for them to have multiple user/client accounts.

I need an editor that will easily allow them to add and embed videos. They may have their own video to upload or may link to YouTube, Vimeo or other service.

JCE works fine for my clients in the front-end except for the one glitch. I have tried TINYMCE and am totally frustrated it won't allow me to add or embed videos and does not have an easy link to upload files/images from a folder on the site.

If you can help me overcome either the JCE issue (preferred) or the TIMYMCE issue - I would greatly appreciate it.

10 months 3 weeks ago #333939 by bmeeker
Kyle:
I spent some time and found two things.
1 - the every other time issue with the JCE Editor is happening with the TINCYMCE Editor also. So each time I save it, the next time I try to edit, the editing window comes up with just the code - no editing options.
This is on the front-end.
2. I was able to get a video to embed in TINYMCE - but it won't show it. It shows a blank video window but controls are blank. I can embed the same video using JCE.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn