CB Gallery asset

3 months 2 weeks ago #336608 by Ppetrik
CB Gallery asset was created by Ppetrik
Hi,
I have an idea that part of the articles of one category will be a button to add images to the article. (CB Gallery). Only the author of the article can upload/edit images to the article and no one else.

I don't want to manually add something to the article like:
[cbgallery:gallery asset="profile.123" /]

The images should also show up in the author's CB profile, Gallery tab.
Can this be created using the CB Gallery plugin?

BTW, CB Activity 6 looks really great.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336622 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery asset
There's no automatic integration with Joomla articles. The CB Gallery Bot usage would require you to insert a shortcode into each article. If you want automatic integration you might be able to do that using CB Auto Actions and a Gallery action acting on joomla_onContentAfterDisplay to insert a gallery. This is how CB Activity for example adds comments/likes to articles. Something like the below (quick example! not tested!):

Global
Triggers: joomla_onContentAfterDisplay
Type: Gallery
User: Specific
Specific User: [var2_created_by]
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1]
Operator: Equal To
Value: com_content.article
Action
Mode: Gallery
Asset: article.[var2_id]
Output
Display: Return

Likely will need adjustments, but should be a good starting point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336690 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic CB Gallery asset
Thank you for the instructions. I have tried all the available tutorials from the discussion forum here (comments on the article, code for non-registered etc.) but without success. Just set the automatic actions and everything happens automatically? Or do I need to enable something somewhere? :-)

BTW, I have a feeling that in previous versions of CB there were maybe 90 predefined automatic actions (Activity logs, Groupjive..). Now only two auto actions.

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #336691 by krileon

Thank you for the instructions. I have tried all the available tutorials from the discussion forum here (comments on the article, code for non-registered etc.) but without success. Just set the automatic actions and everything happens automatically? Or do I need to enable something somewhere?

Does the above output nothing? Try removing the condition and see what happens as you might need to adjust what context you're trying to display it on.

BTW, I have a feeling that in previous versions of CB there were maybe 90 predefined automatic actions (Activity logs, Groupjive..). Now only two auto actions.

Those were for CB Activity integration. With CB Activity 6.0.0 they're no longer needed since activity and notification logging is just built into CB Activity. This means those system actions are now removed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago #336695 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic CB Gallery asset
Thanks for your reply.
I have uploaded the pictures in the attachment here. The goal is to show the code for all in the article detail. Can you please confirm that this setting is correct? I am still unable to display anything.
I very much appreciate your help. 

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #336703 by krileon
Was able to confirm it's not working due to changes to Joomla 5 content event. Have implemented a fix in latest CB Auto Actions build release and confirmed it's now possible to output to the newer Joomla event objects.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds