3 months 1 week ago #336706 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic CB Gallery asset
Perfect. Thank you very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 5 days ago #336763 by Ppetrik
Hello,
Everything is working fine, except for one major problem, which is that all the photos appear for all the user's articles. Since I have explored the possibilities, apparently it is not possible to link the photos in the CB Gallery directly to a specific article? Is this correct?

The original goal was to use CB Gallery as a replacement for any other Image Gallery type extension to add images to an article. Each article should have its own photo gallery including thumbnails.

The Community Builder extension essentially replaces many other J! extensions, which is a huge advantage. All you need is Joomla and CB and you can build any site except eCommerce.

3 months 5 days ago #336772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery asset
You need to make the asset unique per article. What did you set the asset to? In my example article.[var2_id] should be unique per article.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 5 days ago #336780 by Ppetrik
The setting is:
profile.[user_id],article.[var2_id].uploads

3 months 5 days ago #336786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery asset
Ok, so it's storing to profile. The "primary asset" of a gallery is its first asset. You should have asset set to only the following for galleries unique per article.

article.[var2_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #336803 by Ppetrik
The image is saved and visible in the CB Gallery (Admin),

but the user sees an error on the frontend.

Error: You do not have permission to create files in this gallery.

This applies to article.[var2_id] registered users.
Maybe it will trigger some other automatic action joomla_onContentAfterSave.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds