CB Activity Gallery questions

2 months 2 weeks ago #337128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Gallery questions
CB GroupJive CB Gallery comments use the "CB Gallery" comment stream. Only profile galleries use "CB Gallery - Profile" comment stream as it defaults connected check enabled.

Btv, if I write comment next to a photo slideshow (CB Groupjive - Gallery) and then delete it immediately, in the activity the information remains that I commented the photo.

This is a known issue still being worked on. It's due to the GJ prefix on the activity. Will be fixed in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337131 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic CB Activity Gallery questions
Thank you for the explanation.

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #337238 by Ppetrik
Hello,
I have a few more questions that I don't know what to do with.
If a user comments on a photo in an article, the activity stream shows "commented on photo and commented on this article, a total of three images from the article".
How do I get the stream to show only the image of the photo with the comment?

Resolved

The second question is about gallery tab in groups. I need to exclude this bookmark for one group. I have tried to create a copy of CB Groupjive - Gallery in system actions and exclude the user as the owner of the group, but without success. The group should serve as support for questions and uploading pictures to the gallery is not needed.

If one more user joins a group, I get the message "User 1 and User 2 joined a group
about a minute ago." But User 1 joined a long time ago.

I was expecting a message in the activity stream "User 2 joined a group
about a minute ago." Something similar happens with image comments.

Sometimes when commenting on photos from an article I get this error:
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliStatement.php:138
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/library/Table/NotificationTable.php:449

PHP Version 8.2.12

So I don't know if I've messed something up :-)

Can you please advise how to solve this?
Thank you.

2 months 1 week ago #337246 by krileon
In the future please make new topics for each individual issue you're having. These "mega-topics" are too hard to follow. I see you have maybe 3 separate issues here? I'll answer your questions as follows, but in the future just make separate topics for each separate issue.

The second question is about gallery tab in groups. I need to exclude this bookmark for one group. I have tried to create a copy of CB Groupjive - Gallery in system actions and exclude the user as the owner of the group, but without success. The group should serve as support for questions and uploading pictures to the gallery is not needed.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Exclude the owner of the group? You mean exclude the group owner from uploading? Exclude the gallery entirely from specific groups?

If one more user joins a group, I get the message "User 1 and User 2 joined a group
about a minute ago." But User 1 joined a long time ago.

I was expecting a message in the activity stream "User 2 joined a group
about a minute ago." Something similar happens with image comments.

That's normal. That's the aggregating behavior. It does this to avoid situations where you've multiple similar posts 1 after another as it doesn't look great. You can turn off aggregating (or in CB Activity terms Grouping) within CB Activity > Parameters > Streams under the Grouping section. You can also set the days it should consider when dynamically grouping and the hours for static grouping there.

Sometimes when commenting on photos from an article I get this error:

Looks like a bug and will fix for next release. Currently working on releasing CB Activity 6.1.0 with many bug fixes and a few new features. Seams to just be erroring due to no recipients to notify.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337252 by Ppetrik
I apologize and thank you for your patience. Next time I will split the questions as separate posts. I keep discovering new CB options sometimes I can't solve the problem.
About the problem with the "Gallery" tab in Groupjive:
I need to hide Gallery tab in case of one particular open group, because this function will not be used in the group.

2 months 1 week ago #337254 by krileon

I need to hide Gallery tab in case of one particular open group, because this function will not be used in the group.

Ok, the only way to do that is first unpublish "CB Groupjive - Gallery" system action. Next make a copy of the "CB Groupjive - Gallery" system action. Now edit your copy and add the following condition.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var2_id]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: GROUP_ID_HERE

Replace GROUP_ID_HERE with the id of the group you don't want the gallery enabled in.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn