show field in profile only for user

2 months 1 week ago #337244 by MacJoomla
show field in profile only for user was created by MacJoomla
Hello,
how can I show a field in profile view, that profile owner can see it, but the users can't see it, if they are visiting this profile?
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #337249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic show field in profile only for user
Do you want the profile owner to have control over that or is it something you want statically done for that field for everyone? If you want the owner to have control then CB Privacy with privacy controls enabled for the field should be sufficient as they could then set the field to private. If you want it applied to everyone then CB Conditional would be best as you'd just condition against the viewing user using a User condition.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337251 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic show field in profile only for user
Thank you for your fast answer. I would like the owner to see fields like phone, address, postal and so on in its profile without having to edit the profile. The user should not be allowed to make these fields public. Other users should not see these fields. Is there a way to do so with privacy plugin?

2 months 1 week ago #337255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic show field in profile only for user
Do you still need CB Moderators to view those fields? If so then CB Privacy will be the best option. Edit your fields and apply the following.

Integrations > CB Privacy
Display: Forced privacy control
Default: Private

That should be all you'll need to do. CB Moderators and profile owner should be the only users that can see the field now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337257 by MacJoomla
Thank you, this works fine that way you write 

Would it be easy possible to not let moderators see these fields?

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #337258 by MacJoomla
And one thing, to show it private in profile I have to set it to show in profile an then in profile editing it is showing the open eye, that makes you believe, everybody can see it. Am I wrong in somehow?

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn