show field in profile only for user

2 months 1 week ago #337259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic show field in profile only for user

Would it be easy possible to not let moderators see these fields?

If you don't want moderators to see it either then you can use the following with CB Conditional instead.

Integrations > CB Conditional
Display: Field conditional show
Field: Custom > Users
User: Viewing User
Operator: Is
Value: [user_id]
On: Profile View and Userlists View (unselect all the others)

That should condition it so it only displays if the user viewing the profile is the profile owner.

And one thing, to show it private in profile I have to set it to show in profile an then in profile editing it is showing the open eye, that makes you believe, everybody can see it. Am I wrong in somehow?

The icon just indicates it's visible on profile. It does not indicate who can see it. You can also turn those icons off per-field using Parameters > Layouts settings (field icons at the bottom) or globally in CB > Configuration > General by adjusting the "Field Icons" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacJoomla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn