Possible to check existens of website ?

2 weeks 22 hours ago #337891 by rbuelund
Possible to check existens of website ? was created by rbuelund
I would like to have a url field on the CB registration form. Is it in any way possible (without being blocked by browser security) to check if the url actually exists, before letting the registration go through. I tried to add javascript to the field, but the check of the url is being block by the browser.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago #337903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Possible to check existens of website ?
JavaScript should work fine as long as you're making a simple HEAD request. GET/POST will probably get blocked by CORS. Another option is CB Code Field and its Code Validation. You can perform the HTTP request from PHP and validate that it returns a 200 response code. Code Validation supports ajax (client side) validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn