Integerfield

3 years 11 months ago #318723 by xgerry
Integerfield was created by xgerry
how do I get an integer field to count one up with every entry!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Integerfield
For every entry of what? For every registration? Can you provide any further details regarding what you're wanting to do exactly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318738 by xgerry
Replied by xgerry on topic Integerfield
For each selection made in one field (Kurs), a number higher than the previous one should be entered in another field(first collum).
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318739 by krileon
You can increment a field using CB Auto Actions and a Field action after the user updates their profile on the onAfterUserUpdate trigger, but I still don't understand what you're trying to do. It's just going to increment every time they update their profile. Seams like you're trying to create some sort of row counter for userlists? I don't have any suggestions on how to best do that beyond wait for the below ticket to be implemented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8007

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318743 by xgerry
Replied by xgerry on topic Integerfield
Once a training place (field a) has been selected, this should also be documented (field b). Then I can determine: Do not display anything above 10.

112/5000
The function only counts up once. Then no more. The last entry is probably not taken into account. Both with "onAfterFieldFetch" and with "onAfterUserUpdate"

3 years 10 months ago #318768 by krileon
If you're needing this to act after something on their profile has been updated you'll only need to use onAfterUserUpdate (frontend) and onAfterUpdateUser (backend) to cover both locations. To act on a specific fields value being changed you can use the below usage for example.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate, onAfterUpdateUser
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions (custom value)
1: [var1_FIELD_NAME] Not Equal To [var3_FIELD_NAME]

The above would trigger if the value of FIELD_NAME has changed. At this point you could do your incrementing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds