CB Connect Update Photo from Facebook

3 years 3 months ago #322192 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic CB Connect Update Photo from Facebook
I just downloaded the latest build, installed and configured it.

It keeps the previous image but I will wail until tomorrow cause of caching.

I will keep you updated Kyle.

Thank you very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322292 by giorgionasis
Hi Kyle,

after 6 days and many logins the avatar has not been updated.

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #322309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Update Photo from Facebook
Am currently working on a new CB Connect release and will look into this further, but there isn't much we can do if the issue is with Facebook API as we can only work with what data Facebook provides. Will review the resync feature to see if the issue could be with it. A simple test is to remove your avatar and login with resync enabled to see if it adds it back.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8334

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322321 by giorgionasis
Hey Kyle,

I followed your tip and removed the photo and re-login.

And yeah, with this way photo is resynchronized. I hope this somehow helps for your further investigation and forthcoming release.

Thank you very much

3 years 3 months ago #322324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Update Photo from Facebook
I'm in the process of updating the Facebook implementation entirely. We're using v3.0 of their API and they're on v9.0. Access to profile pictures was entirely changed and am currently working on fixing that as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322325 by giorgionasis
These are great news Kyle!

Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn