Cannot install plugins...

14 years 10 months ago #100554 by mypegcity
Cannot install plugins... was created by mypegcity
I am trying to install the profilebook plugin in the CB Component>plugin manager. Every time I get....

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:168 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(168): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(143): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/content/p...') #2 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(65): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(3985): cbInstaller->upload('/home/content/p...') #4 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php(456): installPluginUpload() #5 /home/content/p/e/g/pegcitya in /home/content/p/e/g/pegcityadmin/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

I purchased the subscription in hopes that it would tell me what to do. I have no idea what to do with this. Please someone help....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100556 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
Since you bought the subscription to help with the problem, I assume you were using the old ProfileGallery plugin. Download the new CB 1.2 RC from the Downloads area for Doc Subscribers. Make sure all your CB Tools show green when you run them before and after the plugin installation and ensure Help/System Information shows PHP 5.x.x.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #100578 by mypegcity
Replied by mypegcity on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
Thanks so much for the quick reply.
I couldn't find a download that was just "CB 1.2 RC" so I installed the Content plugin and the photo gallery plugin and module. Went through all the steps. CB tools is green. I have no idea where to find the php 5.x.x:blush: I still get the error message when I try to install any other plugins....not sure what i'm missing....

14 years 10 months ago #100579 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
Which plugins are you trying to install? When you go to Help and then System Information, which PHP version shows (5.x.x)? Were you able to install the three plugins mentioned above?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #100582 by mypegcity
Replied by mypegcity on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
I was trying to install Profilebook, twitter for CB and hello world. The three plugins I mentioned installed no problem. I have PHP 5.2.8.

14 years 10 months ago #100638 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
mypegcity wrote:

I was trying to install Profilebook, twitter for CB and hello world. The three plugins I mentioned installed no problem. I have PHP 5.2.8.

So problem solved ? :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn