Cannot install plugins...

14 years 10 months ago #100703 by mypegcity
Replied by mypegcity on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
ummm :blush:

How do I overwrite? Will it delete everything?
So sorry for the newbie questions...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
mypegcity wrote:

ummm :blush:

How do I overwrite? Will it delete everything?
So sorry for the newbie questions...

Follow the expert upgrade instructions inside the CB package in README.txt.

Basically you're copying files from expert package and pasting them on top of your install. Afterward run CB Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #100808 by mypegcity
well...I contacted godaddy...no restrictions. I followed the instructions and did an expert upgrade...ran tools...same error message when I try to install a plugin...

Post edited by: mypegcity, at: 2009/06/03 01:40

14 years 10 months ago #100809 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
Did you also do the expert install of Joomla (overwrite)? Check in Help/System Info to make sure Directory Permissions show green and PHP version is showing up properly (forgive me if you did this already).

Also, make sure you enable "W3C XHTML 1.0 Trans. compliance" in CB config and try with a default Joomla template. Then also see if you get more detail with debug on and checking in host server error files.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/06/03 02:23

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #100815 by mypegcity
I think I overwrote Joomla...Do I just upload the joomla file and overwrite the joomla folder on my server? Well that's what I did. All Directory permissions are green except "Log Directory ($log_path) /var/logs/" is red. And as for the PHP...I'm not sure what I am looking for.

W3C xhtml is enabled, debug is on. Not sure where to find the host server error files...or what to do with them when I find them...

14 years 10 months ago #100818 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Cannot install plugins...
Okay, the log directory isn't a big problem in this instance.

You can check in CPanel of your hosting plan for "Logs" and should find error logs there that you can copy or save to attach here.

You said you ran tools after upgrading... were all green? Did it ask you to fix anything?

If you have debug on during the attempted plugin installs, try disabling debug. Also disable FTP in Joomla Global Configuration/Server. Try installing the ProfileGallery 1.2 RC2 plugin again. Result?

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn