16 years 4 months ago #51650 by dannette
Replied by dannette on topic Re:Conditions plugin

Post edited by: dannette, at: 2007/12/03 16:49

Dannette Voorhis
Total Production, Inc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #51651 by dannette
Hello. As so many before have said, Thank you for this plugin. Now if only...
The problem I am having is that I cannot get all the options set in the conditions to show up when using a mulitple select box. If I choose 2 items, I get the dropdown list to show up but it will have the first item's values listed twice instead of all the values associated with both items selected. What I have is a short list of items with a longer list associated with each of these items and then another short list associated only with a couple of those to give more specific info. To relate it to the country-state-city model, picture choosing 2 countries then wanting to choose a state in each of the countries. If I were to choose two countries, I will only get the states to show up for one of the countries but it will show up twice in the list.
I have tried to implement this in 2 different ways- One if using the above model having a different dropdown for each country to show up and another in having all the states in the same dropdown with the appropriate conditionid numbers assigned to them. In either case. In the first case, only one of the dropdowns will appear. In the second case, only the items in associated with one of the items will show up but they will list them twice. I have tried all the different versions I found on this forum to no avail. If anyone has figured this out, please post. Thanks. Dannette

About attachment:
I have attached a jpg showing two items chosen but only one dropdown has shown up. I have separate dropdowns for both Finance and Design Services but only Design Services shows up even though both are selected. If I had them all in one dropdown, then I would only see Design Services values but they would show up twice.

Post edited by: dannette, at: 2007/12/03 16:47

Dannette Voorhis
Total Production, Inc.
Attachments:

16 years 4 months ago #51660 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
There are a lot of bugs in this software. I am planning on a new version and actually have coded most of it. This new version does not yet really work, but it should make it much easier to troubleshoot.

You can get support to this plugin on my site at www.mikkosoft.fi

Mikko

16 years 4 months ago #52682 by panter011
Replied by panter011 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
guys,

dont waste your time with this plugin,
it just doesnt work!

Mikko is always answering with answers like: 'maybe is here', 'maybe is there'... blah, blah, blah.

and the plugins on his new site are also the same,
just lies!

javier

16 years 4 months ago #52683 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I would not exactly say that it is "just lies". It is explicitly stated on my site that this software is not for production use, and that all software in free software section is development versions. Moreover, on my site I tell you to check the demo section and bug tracker for information of the current state (this is just to avoid having to update the main site every time I fix something). Which part of this is a lie?

Moreover, I would like to know what else you think is just a lie so that I know what need fixing?

The reason why it has not been fixed is that it is not a priority: People who support my work either by giving useful feedback or donations are interested more in other plugins.

It is comments like this that made me to make the decisions to close the sources of all my work for the publicly downloadable versions.

Mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/12/18 15:28

16 years 4 months ago #52695 by dannette
It seems to work great as long as you are only choosing one item from each dropdown. As soon as you try to choose multiple items from a multiple dropdown and bring up a dropdown or even multiple dropdowns depending on these choices, that's where it seems to disintegrate. I just wish I knew where to begin to try to solve this.

Dannette Voorhis
Total Production, Inc.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn