Skip to Content Skip to Menu

events calendar plugin

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 4 months ago #3099 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:events calendar plugin
Well, here's a simple proof of concept. It has a working profile and edit tab, and columns in the profile tab can be controlled with parameters (in the My Events tab setting). It's been tested so far with Joomla 1.0.4/clone() fixed Events Calendar 1.2 and the unofficial 1.2.1 (Geraint's hack) found here:

forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,6217.0.html

Although it doesn't add table fields and installs/uninstalls okay, definitely DON'T use this plugin on a production site just yet. Still need to fit in time offsets and a basic ACL check, and some of the formatting's still hard-coded.

If you try it out, let me know with the version of Events and Joomla!/Mambo you're using if you encounter a bug. It'd be very helpful. Thanks!

Attachment eventstab_0_1_alpha.zip not found

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hedingsi
  • hedingsi
18 years 4 months ago #3106 by hedingsi
Replied by hedingsi on topic Re:events calendar plugin
this plugin works fine for me. there is only one thing i miss. it would be the nonplusultra if a user can klick on a link "im comming to this event" and this event will be shown in his profile (or on the descriptionpage of the eventscalendar)

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 4 months ago #3185 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Yep...
That particular nonplusultra is where I'd ultimately like to take it. Still trying to figure out how it would best be done, because the two standing options look like this:

- Use a stand-alone plugin to set up a new table related to the events and user tables, then append a MySpace-type 'roll call' handler to each event as a mambot, and output the events a user is attending to his/her profile.

- Use the Attend Events component and tables as the place to store registrations/roll calls. This project's actually bent towards both CB and Events integration, in that certain CB fields can be hooked to Attend Events to store custom regisration information, and you can select out events to pair up with a registration session. So far it looks like it's still a manual process to establish one registration session for each event, and the component's front end interfaces are still a bit limited. But it's still being worked on.

So this plugin's just the start of it. Definitely more to do!

Post edited by: pointri, at: 2006/01/07 02:28

www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.
Attachments:

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 4 months ago #3208 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Yep...
Don't wanna hijack this thread but scuba, looks like you've got something on Tribes that I've been dying to implememnt.

"My Blog Feeds" -- a plugin that incorporates an RSS feed from a blog external to one's CB site. The tab would display a users X posts (from their external blog on the tab).

How did you implement the "My Blog Feeds" feature on your profile?

Sorry -- back to "Events"

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 4 months ago #3219 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Yep...
No biggie, dsendecki. Off-topics keep me plenty informed. ;)

If you're not aware of it, check out this thread...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,1443/catid,11/

Scubaguy, who co-develops Attend Events, just put out a plugin for CB. Can't wait to try it out!

Post edited by: pointri, at: 2006/01/08 01:08

Attachments:

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 4 months ago #3312 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Yep...
Here's a beta version of the straight Events plugin that adds pagination, access check in profile tab, and fixes includes of Events scripts when using the back-end user manager.

Attachment plugin_eventstab_0_1_beta.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon