Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!

12 years 11 months ago #162203 by iSoniPrice
Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help! was created by iSoniPrice
So I downloaded the CB, i read the READ_ME.

So I try installing it, the first file that I have to install is ofcourse the comprofiler.zip, but when i browse it and click on "upload & install" it doesnt do anything. The browsing line just turns empty like I never browsed anything and nothing happens..

Then I tried installing the other files:
""mod_cblogin.zip | mod_comprofilerModerator.zip | mod_comprofilerOnline.zip""
they have no problem. And i have deleted them, because the first thing is the comprofiler.

I can't install the comprofiler.
If anyone knows how to solve this please reply!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162210 by nant
Read the read me file again.

Check your php upload filesize.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162822 by sidcypher
Replied by sidcypher on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
I am having the exact same issue, all the others will install fine, except com_comprofiler.zip.

When I installed Joomla all the "checks" were green, running in a MySQLi... When I click upload and install it just gives me the little progress bar on my IE or firefox tab..Then returns a blank white page after about 45seconds, I might add that I am uploading to an inhouse linux webserver so the transfer shouldn't take more than a couple seconds. Also I have checked all my php.ini settings, my uploadsize is set to 16m.

After the failure I did FTP into the site and check the /tmp folder the zip file is there and matches exactly on file size, there is also an extracted install folder. I also checked the extenstion manager and found com_profiler listed, but none of the menu options that should be there in Joomla Adminstrator.

12 years 11 months ago #162848 by nant

12 years 11 months ago #163163 by iSoniPrice
Replied by iSoniPrice on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
So it's me again, i have tried this again and it still doesnt work, i have read the whole manual and support documentation 10 times, i have printed that all on paper ad have it infront of me, created new site, new joomla installation too.. BUT

after my browse-line turned empty as i said, i clicked on refresh page and then it showed me the error "error uploading the file", now i know what the problem is, it's probably that i have to change my max_upload_size to 16 MB, from 2MB.

OK so i need to change it in my php.ini file i guess.. I have spent 1 hour searching for that file just now and cant find it.. some people on forum have said that i have to upload it myself, but no one explains it clearly..

So please tell me:
- where can i get the PHP.ini file
- into which directory do i have to upload it and what i have to change in it.
please help me with that..

btw i have manually uploaded the comprofiler with FileZilla, but still nothing..

THANK YOU

12 years 11 months ago #163164 by nant
please ask your host for exact location of the php.ini file for your environment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn