Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!

12 years 11 months ago #163321 by nant
"Not sure I follow you" was intended to mean that I do not know how I put you into the position you are in.

Not directed against your English language skills which are pretty good.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167152 by iSoniPrice
Replied by iSoniPrice on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
Hello Nick,
it'sd me again, i did contact my web provider but they said that i can not change the php settings.. I told them what the problem is but they say that I still can' tchange it..

I have tried installing the CB by uploading the files manually thru FTP Client, but it doesnt seem to work, so i uploaded the files manually and then tried to BROWSE and UPLOAD & INSTALL it thru the extinsion manager, is that the way i have to do this? If not, could you please give me a few tips how i can install it manually?

Thanks

EDIT ----
So i just installed community builder 1.3.1 the manual way, it works, but 1.4 doesnt install... The browse screen just goes empty and nothing happens...
EDIT ----

12 years 10 months ago #167259 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Replied by NEO-BAHAMUT- on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
Hi guys. Im new to community builder and i am currently running the latest version of joomla 1.5. I am having the exact same issue despkte having maximum upload sizes available.

There doesnt seem to be any way to install this for me. Can anyone help? Is there a way to install from url? Or can someone tell me a fix?....

12 years 10 months ago #167260 by nant
To everyone on this thread:

CB 1.4 and other extensions (example: Kunena) are more than 2M in size and need the relevant php parameter set to allow greater than 2M uploading.

If your host refuses to help you, then imo you should seek a different host because this is a simple setting and is needed by more and more applications.

Having said this, you can use the Joomla install from directory feature.

You need to unzip the component package, use FTP to upload the unzipped structure (folders and files) to a directory on your Joomla website (example: {joomla_root}/tempinstall and then select this directory in the Extensions install process (instead of uploading and install).

If you need more assistance here, I suggest you visit the Joomla.org site as this is vanilla Joomla feature.

12 years 10 months ago #167261 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Replied by NEO-BAHAMUT- on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
Hi mate,

Im currently running Kunena which installed just fine. I have checked my php.ini and i have no upload restrictions. My host hasn't blocked any extensions before so im pretty certain that cb should install.

I suppose thd only option i have is to upload to my server and install from directory.....

12 years 10 months ago #167262 by nant

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote: Hi mate,

Im currently running Kunena which installed just fine. I have checked my php.ini and i have no upload restrictions. My host hasn't blocked any extensions before so im pretty certain that cb should install.

I suppose thd only option i have is to upload to my server and install from directory.....

Latest Kunena is more than 2M in size - I don't believe you have installed this one.

It is easy enough to check - Visit your Joomla 1.5 -> Help -> System Info -> PHP Information

and search page for upload_max_filesize

This will show you what your php setting is.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn