Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!

12 years 10 months ago #167270 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Replied by NEO-BAHAMUT- on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
ahh thanks for that I have just looked and in actual fact it is set at 2mb.... How on earth do i change this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167273 by nant

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote: ahh thanks for that I have just looked and in actual fact it is set at 2mb.... How on earth do i change this?

Ask you host to help you.

12 years 10 months ago #167291 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Hi again,

Right I have asked my host and despite being a paying customer for unlimited uploads I have been told this..

"Sorry for the confusion.
Paid accounts do have unlimited file size, but this applies only to files uploaded with FTP or our control panel, not php uploads.
The php upload limit cannot be changed sorry, you need to upload that file with ftp."

Is this correct? Also i've never uploaded a file via ftp to my webhost or site. Can you help me with this and also how can i do it?

12 years 10 months ago #167292 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Ok so i decided to try this on my own and failed. I went ahead and downloaded Filezilla. I then connected to my site and unzipped the zipped files and put them in folder such as com_comprofiler I then uploaded this to my site in the Components folder on my webhost... I then did this for mod_cblogin, mod_comprofilerModerator and mod_comprofilerOnline. I then check my modules and components in Joomla and they arent to be seen. Is there something im doing wrong?

12 years 10 months ago #167293 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
why do you do not use the instruction cb1.4_installation.pdf side 9?

12 years 10 months ago #167296 by iSoniPrice
Replied by iSoniPrice on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
You guys are making a mess out of this..
Look, NEO-BAHAMUT-, you just need to create a folder in your database, and upload the unzipped comprofiler into that folder, THEN, go to our Joomla extensions manager, browse the comprofiler and upload & install it, even if you have a limit (like me) it still works.. it does install and i did install it like that after trying for 3 months..

BUT, what i was able to install is the older version of CB, 1.3.1, the 1.4 DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. i Don't know what the problem is, the file size of 1.4 is not bigger than 1.3.1, and the limit doesnt change anything if you upload it thru FTP, it is just a problem of CB 1.4, something is wrong with the new version.

Theres a good documentation with the CB 1.4 a PDF document that explains all that, but it just doesnt work with CB 1.4, must be a bug.

Now my quastion is, Nick (nant), i was able to install the 1.3.1 uploading it thru FTP, and it does show up on my website and all, but that "FTP UPLOAD" method DOES NOT WORK for cb 1.4, ive tried it over and over again..
My PHP limit is more than 2MB, i think it's 5MB, but still i dont know what the problem is..

I have been bugging you a lot with this and i'm sure you're probably tired of me, so please give me a clear answer to my last statement about cb 1.4 not working thru FTP..

Whatever you can help us with, after your word i would like to delete this topic, because i have completely lost my interest in CB after months of trying.

Thank you, you are a good supporter.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn