Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!

12 years 11 months ago #163183 by iSoniPrice
Replied by iSoniPrice on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
oh man..
I have currently 1500 MB space from my provider, and 100% of files in that folder is the Joomla 1.6 installation and a few joomla templates, i'm beginning with that website..
So theres not a single file or a directory in there that is given me by the provider.
You see, they have not given me that file or any file.

So you're putting me into a position where i have no solution for my problem.

The only thing that the whole CB documentation tells about the PHP.ini file is that i have to change the "max_file_upload size" and nothing else, not even where that file is located, so i really dont get that whole process with PHP.ini

I dont see any support from you sir, this whole Joomla is supposed to be a FREE softaware that helps people who don't have much knowledge about (html, css, php) editing.

Now, i know what you would say, you would say that if i want the support of that level then i have to use the PAID version of CB and not the FREE one..
What my answer to that is, how can i get the PRO version if i dont set it up first, try it out and see if i like it and if it is what i was looking for? That is obviously why you have provided us with the free version..

So i have explained everything, if you're gonna help me then help me please, if not, say that you're not going to or something...

Sorry if what i wrote sounds mean or something, i am upset about this. Makes me think like it was not even meant to work.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163186 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
Why you don't try the second installation possibility (via ftp)? in the pdf 2.2
The following user(s) said Thank You: iSoniPrice

12 years 11 months ago #163196 by iSoniPrice
ofcourse i have tried that, i have already said that i have tried everything that is possible with the help of CB support documentation, here is what i wrote earlier :

""btw i have manually uploaded the comprofiler with FileZilla, but still nothing..
""

still doesnt work..

12 years 11 months ago #163199 by nant

iSoniPrice wrote: oh man..
I have currently 1500 MB space from my provider, and 100% of files in that folder is the Joomla 1.6 installation and a few joomla templates, i'm beginning with that website..
So theres not a single file or a directory in there that is given me by the provider.
You see, they have not given me that file or any file.

Not sure what this has to do with your issue.

Not sure I follow you.

The only thing that the whole CB documentation tells about the PHP.ini file is that i have to change the "max_file_upload size" and nothing else, not even where that file is located, so i really dont get that whole process with PHP.ini

I cannot tell you where your PHP.ini is on your environment - your host helpdesk can.
This is what I told you in my previous response.

I dont see any support from you sir, this whole Joomla is supposed to be a FREE softaware that helps people who don't have much knowledge about (html, css, php) editing.

Now, i know what you would say, you would say that if i want the support of that level then i have to use the PAID version of CB and not the FREE one..
What my answer to that is, how can i get the PRO version if i dont set it up first, try it out and see if i like it and if it is what i was looking for? That is obviously why you have provided us with the free version..

So i have explained everything, if you're gonna help me then help me please, if not, say that you're not going to or something...

Sorry if what i wrote sounds mean or something, i am upset about this. Makes me think like it was not even meant to work.

Thank you

Yes CB is free.
And you have detailed information about how to install and what to do if you have an issue.

You posted here and I responded that you need to contact your hoster to assist you to increase your php upload file size parameter.

Most hosting environments have a higher value for this parameter in place.
I guess free ? environments have it limited by default?

I do not know what more to suggest.
You need to get your hosting helpdesk to help you or change hosting environments.

If you do not you will have issues with other extensions also.

12 years 11 months ago #163201 by sidcypher
Replied by sidcypher on topic Re: Cant Install COM_COMPROFILER.zip help!
Does your hosting provider have SuEXEC enabled? That was my issue with installing it. Once that was enabled then everything has ben working great!

Those are the only two thing's I can think of.. php.ini max upload size (read somewhere you can put something in your .htaccess file to do that... And SuEXEC, which has to do with file permissions/ownership..

12 years 11 months ago #163318 by iSoniPrice
What i wanted to say by that 1500MB is that all that space was empty and there was no PHP.ini file in there, thats why i can't find it.. But i will contact them and hopefully they will help..

"Not sure I follow you."

So here your trying to say that my english is bad or something, well i know that that sentence was not so good by the grammar, but English is not my second, third, nor my fourth language.. so for a person who's 20 and speaks seven languages i'm pretty sure my english is not that bad..

Other than that, yes you do responde which is great, so thank you again, i will try my best.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn