Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
8 years 11 months ago #265904 by wjgadmin
CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades was created by wjgadmin
Guys I'm not able to upgrade as I thought. I purchased everything needed to have the latest updates but non are working. Please see the following thread from 4 days ago with no response. Thanks :
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/230080-error-on-install

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #265919 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
Disable the CBSubs system plugin within Extensions > Plugin Manager. If you've K2 and/or Kunena installed then disable their CB integrations. All 3 are known to conflict as reported below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5223

Once done you should have no issues upgrading CB. You can then begin upgrading your various CB plugins following the compatibility chart below.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

You should have no further issues with upgrades from then on. There's just a few problems with 1.x to CB 2.x we've yet to figure out due to class conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #265928 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
Thank you for the details! I see on the chart that GroupJive is not compatible. Without this I will not be able to upgrade because we use it to add users to kunena forum categories & restrict access etc...
As it is not compatible is it adviseable not to upgrade anything or will it still work?
If not when is the upgraded GroupJive to be released? This is crucial to our setup.
Also once cb & cbsubs are updated can I republish all of the extensions/plugins that were disabled including kunena? We do use kunena (not k2) & we're using tha latest stable release (just released a couple days ago).
Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by wjgadmin.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #265930 by krileon
GJ has not been upgraded yet, but it still works fine. You'll only need the below fixed GJ Events build if you use GJ events.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/227366-groupjive-event-date-problem#253480

Regardless I highly recommend you do the upgrade on a clone of your site and see how well it does. Don't upgrade a live site immediately without first becoming familiar with CB 2.x as a lot has changed.

Also once cb & cbsubs are updated can I republish all of the extensions/plugins that were disabled including kunena? We do use kunena (not k2) & we're using tha latest stable release (just released a couple days ago).

Yes, it's just to stop a conflict during install. Once upgraded you can enable them again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
8 years 11 months ago #266026 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CB / CBSubs / GroupJive upgrades
please see your pm for further details.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #266056 by krileon
Your issues don't seam to have anything to do with CB or CBSubs. The CSS and DOM structure on your old site and new site are not the same. I guess something is missing or goofed when you cloned the site or maybe some changes were made on the new site. CB does use Bootstrap 3, but it's namespace and it can not style anything outside of CB so it's not possible or the CSS to conflict.

There appears to be some DIVs missing from around your modules. Your ACY Module looks to be missing the following DIVs around it.

Code:
<div class="yjsquare acy modid217"> <div class="yjsquare_in">

From the looks of it those are classes and structure from your Joomla template and the acy is probably the css class suffix of the module.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon