[#2355] ajax email checker

13 years 1 month ago #157685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: ajax email checker
Not as of yet, we'll be working on a quick fix soon to stop ajax checking from affecting saving of users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157701 by tomk105
Replied by tomk105 on topic Re: ajax email checker
I have been having this problem too with backend Admin changes to CB User Management. The Profile Changes do update after up to 60-70 seconds of waiting for Email Checker to finish with error (set to Off).

I noticed this after upgrade to CB 1.4, and after CB Tools corrected a few errors. Running Joomla 1.5.22. I also have installed CB Privacy plugin. But the problem exists regardless of CB Privacy Published or not.

I have added a tab that needs to be made invisible on Profile - so I'm working through each user to set this tab invisible, so the delay is painful. Is there a way to set this one tab to be invisible for all users? If so, then the current delay would not be a problem.

Thanks,

Tom

13 years 1 month ago #157704 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: ajax email checker
Quick fix for this issue is proposed here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2355#note-3

Please comment if it works for you. Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago #157721 by tomk105
Replied by tomk105 on topic Re: ajax email checker
Thanks Beat - that did the trick.

Ended up having to comment out five lines as the second sets were not commented out as indicated on the link.

Following lines were commented out on the administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php file (version= 9 Mar 2011):

//this.startRequest(element); for lines 1991 and 2051

//validator.stopRequest(element, response); for lines 2011, 2019, 2074.

Appreciate the quick response.

Tom

13 years 1 month ago #157775 by brunsona
Replied by brunsona on topic Re: ajax email checker
I just changes lines 1991 - 2051 was already commented out. This cleared the admin email checking issue.

Thanks!
-a-

13 years 1 month ago #157776 by bleroy
Replied by bleroy on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Very cool. I'm a happy camper!!!

One note wrt the instructions. Agree with TomK105; none of the instance in my file were commented out!!

Thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn