[#2355] ajax email checker

12 years 9 months ago #169719 by BillB133
Replied by BillB133 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
What is cbCheckMail?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169720 by BillB133
Replied by BillB133 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Seems as if different things can cause this behavior, jNews being one of them.

Sadly, I faithfully edited the plugin.class.php, as stated, and it had no effect.

12 years 9 months ago #169737 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Can someone from Joomlapolis please let us know where this issue stands as far and upcoming releases are concerned? Would it be possible to just give us a config option that will allow us to completely turn-off the AJAX check - front-end and back-end? It is such an intrusive feature, and more than half of the valid email addresses I use come back with an error due to the mail server configuration. So where is the benefit to me?

I would MUCH rather see you implement an email verification field, forcing the user to re-type their email address, rather than this AJAX checker.

Just my opinion, of course...

12 years 9 months ago #169752 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
It's scheduled to be fixed for next release, which we're working on as I speak. Our CB forge is public and we encourage everyone to monitor our progress. Below is a direct link to the forge ticket regarding this issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2355

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #169776 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Thanks Kyle!

12 years 9 months ago #169794 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
cbCheckMail is a function at line 184 of /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

reducing it to:

function cbCheckMail( $from, $recipient ) {
return 1;
}

bypasses the offending code.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn