[#2355] ajax email checker

13 years 1 month ago #157934 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re: ajax email checker
Can we get a config option to just totally disable the check completely?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhphllps

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167417 by BillB133
Replied by BillB133 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
I would be very interested in knowing if those of us who are having this problem all have jNews or one of the Joobi newsletter programs installed? I have found that if I uninstall jNews, the error disappears. I then reinstall jNew and the error reappears.

Still not very satisfactory an answer, but I can uinstall and reinstall jNews rather quickly and without any problem with my jNews database.

This doesn't tell me how to fix the problem, but identifying that common thread would be a big step forward.

12 years 10 months ago #167432 by tomk105
Replied by tomk105 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
I had the problem originally, and do no have jNews or a Joobi newsletter program installed.

The link that Beat provided above gave me the workaround on how to get rid of the current problem - i.e. turn off email checking. The link was:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2355#note-3

12 years 10 months ago #167459 by BillB133
Replied by BillB133 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Thanks for responding. It's all very confusing, because temporarily uninstalling jNews does temporarily fix the problem for me, and I tried the solution that worked for you and for me it made no difference.

I did notice, it was either you or someone else, that the date of your plugin.class.php file was later than mine, which is 2011-02-13. (I have cb 1.4)I'm wondering if the fix plus any other differences in the two dates make it work. Is it permitted for you to email me a copy of your file? Thought it would be worth a try. Thanks for any assistance you can give. A user named lucato is struggling like I am. If it works for me, I'll certainly pass it on to him. My direct email address is billb133@yahoo.com.

thanks.

12 years 10 months ago #167558 by tomk105
Replied by tomk105 on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
For what it's worth, my version of plugin.class.php in administrator/components/com_comprofiler directory has a create date of 2/6/2011, but a modified date from March when I made the changes.

In checking the cb_1_4_0 download from early March, the com_comprofiler.zip file had 2/14/2011 dates and that is the dates on plugin.class.php. The only differences in comparing the two files is the addition of // at beginning of 5 lines.

Perhaps the problem you are still experiencing is with jNews?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169136 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic Re: [#2355] ajax email checker
Hmm. I've made the changes to plugin.class.php, cleared all caches, logged out and back in, etc., yet it's still trying (unsuccessfully) to do the email check. I want to just disable it completely, both front and back end, if possible!:angry:

What's the next step?

Edit- OK, I got around it by replacing the body of cbCheckMail with return 1;. It still goes through the motions of checking, but at least it gives green light in just a second or 2, instead of having to wait for it to time out before doing anything else :dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn