[#4343] CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option

10 years 6 months ago #236551 by nhtim
OK, that did not work. I am open to more suggestions. I do not even see the "User" option in the dropdown menu as admin from the backend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #236691 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
You need to have "Allow Access To:" set to "- Everybody -" within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Once done set "Users" to "Enable" within CB Privacy > Config > Privacy. Aside from that I don't know what more to advise as there is no other checks against that privacy type, which you can see directly in getPrivacySelector of /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy/cbprivacy.class.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236700 by nhtim
OK, I got it. "Allow Access to" was set to Public... it snow set to Everybody and is working beautifully! Thanks!

10 years 6 months ago #236701 by mapache64
Replied by mapache64 on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
Hi Krileon,

I read the post interested because I have similar problem. It is all working in the Profile-view but not in the lists. There you can see always all data.

My configuration:
User-Profile-Menü set to public,
Allow access to: everybody
The list set to public, contains a mebergroup

If J change the privacy-settings nothing happens in the list but in the profile…

What are I'am doing wrong? Any idea?

Greetings
Mapache

10 years 6 months ago #236784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
Profile privacy or field privacy isn't working in userlists? Please be specific. Profile privacy does not protect anything except direct profile access. If you want it to also protect individual fields then you need to edit the Profile Privacy field within CB > Field Management and select the fields for it to also protect. Field privacy should be working fine in userlists and hiding the values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236811 by nhtim
That is interesting and I never bothered to check my User list. Thanks for bringing this up mapache64. I thought that in my old J1.5 site with an older version of CB items in list that were marked as private would not be visible to everyone.

This is not good. Setting protection from Field Management is useless if you want to be able to allow users to individually protect their own fields for List view. I have a feeling that mapache64 and I have need for this for the same reason.

Krileon, since this feature has either been changed from the earlier version of CB or I totally misunderstood with the old version, and this is what I need... Who do I contact at CB to make this function work in List mode, or at least find out how much it will cost.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn