[#4343] CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option

10 years 6 months ago #236813 by mapache64
Replied by mapache64 on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply. Of course I mean the Field privacy.
My settings are:
For example I have an new field: Phone. The cb field privacy preferences are: User can control privacy and the default is "private".
The PlugIn is of course activated . In the profile it is working, in the list no :-(
For example show here:
www.fff-freiburg.de/vorstandsliste
The first person has his mobile-phone number on private. In the List you see the number, if you click for the profile, the mobile number is hidden…curious…
Ideas, what going wrong?
Ah, the list is public and standard…

Greetings
Mapache

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #236814 by nhtim
mapache64, I was thinking about this and there COULD be a work around but would be a burden on the users. You could create 2 fields for those critical pieces of information. 1 field for profile and 1 field for the list. This of course seems like a lot of overkill.

10 years 6 months ago #236841 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option

That is interesting and I never bothered to check my User list. Thanks for bringing this up mapache64. I thought that in my old J1.5 site with an older version of CB items in list that were marked as private would not be visible to everyone.

It already behaves this way.

This is not good. Setting protection from Field Management is useless if you want to be able to allow users to individually protect their own fields for List view. I have a feeling that mapache64 and I have need for this for the same reason.

If you want field by field protection then use Field Privacy. Profile Privacy protects direct access to the profile only. It doesn't protect anything else unless you tell it to.

Krileon, since this feature has either been changed from the earlier version of CB or I totally misunderstood with the old version, and this is what I need... Who do I contact at CB to make this function work in List mode, or at least find out how much it will cost.

It already works in userlists. Field and Tab Privacy force their privacy onto any API calls, which includes userlists. Profile Privacy only protects direct profile access; this never existed before the new CB Privacy and it's designed this way on purpose as auto-protecting every tab and field would cause massive API call problems.

Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply. Of course I mean the Field privacy.
My settings are:
For example I have an new field: Phone. The cb field privacy preferences are: User can control privacy and the default is "private".
The PlugIn is of course activated . In the profile it is working, in the list no :-(
For example show here:
www.fff-freiburg.de/vorstandsliste
The first person has his mobile-phone number on private. In the List you see the number, if you click for the profile, the mobile number is hidden…curious…
Ideas, what going wrong?
Ah, the list is public and standard…

Greetings
Mapache

Please ensure you're using latest release of CB Privacy. Aside from that I don't know what to tell you. It's working perfectly fine in all of my tests. Protecting the tab a field is on or protecting the field it self will remove its value from the userlist. It will not remove the user from the userlist unless a search is made on a field the viewing user doesn't have access to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236860 by nhtim
Krileon,

I must be missing something and I can not figure out what.

In "Field Management"

I have a field named "Evening Phone".

In the "CB Privacy: Field privacy preferences" section for this field, I have it set like this.

"Display:" = User can control privacy
"Default:" = Public
"Edit Display:" = Normal CB Settings
"Force Edit Display:" = Disable

If I go to edit my profile and set it to Private, it does not remove it from the view in the list.

I have the most recent CB Privacy Plugin

10 years 6 months ago #236926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy Plugin not showing "User" Option
It won't remove it if you're viewing your self or if a CB Moderator is viewing. Be sure to logout and test viewing as public. What type of field is your Evening Phone field? This usage appears to be working fine here. Are you using substitutes in a delimiter field to render the field or was it just added to one of the columns while editing your list?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236930 by nhtim

krileon wrote: It won't remove it if you're viewing your self or if a CB Moderator is viewing. Be sure to logout and test viewing as public. What type of field is your Evening Phone field? This usage appears to be working fine here. Are you using substitutes in a delimiter field to render the field or was it just added to one of the columns while editing your list?

I have tested it just as a normal visitor to the website. In this particular example the field is a text field. All the fields I have were imported from my J1.5 site. I can set up Admin and IM details to you in order to double check settings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn