[#7911] GroupJive router ?

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317550 by activha
[#7911] GroupJive router ? was created by activha
Hello
It seems that we have some issues with GroupJive router.
We have different links pointing to All Categories, Joined groups, owned groups then some pointing to different categories id and group ids.
But it seems like CB Activity and GJ mix different urls which means that some times groups are not displayed because the system tries to affect the wrong cat SEF to the group.
Do I need to precise ? or do you already know the issue ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
Our Itemid function typically grabs the first matching and available Joomla menu item to construct SEF URLs when outside of the plugin since it can't rely on the current Itemid to determine the path. GJ also isn't using strict SEF pathing since groups can be accessed from so many different locations it can't really be strict. The best way to avoid this is have an All Groups menu item created first and accessible to everyone so it can fallback to that menu item for SEF. You shouldn't have any access issues though as it should only be using Itemids for menus that are accessible.

Have added a feature ticket to see if I can improve this in GJs routing code in a future release, but it's risky as I risk breaking existing links. Right now it just sounds like it's confused on which menu item it should be using. It probably should be doing the following.

1. Does the group have a menu item directly? Yes, then use it. No, then continue.
2. Does the group have a category? Yes, then check if a Category menu item exists and use it. No, then continue.
3. Does the group belong to me? Yes, then check if My Groups menu item exists and use it. No, then continue.
4. Does an all groups menu item exist? Yes, then use it. No, then fallback to profile Itemid.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7909

We will probably have to improve our Itemid function in CB to better support this since it doesn't support extra fallback cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317554 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
For instance if we set a menu link to a category id which is public but with groups set to approved or invitation it's impossible to display if you are not connected.
The link like index.php/?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&id=14 loops to the cat SEF menu link with /categories/all.
Seems like a link to a cat id is not set under the cat all link if it exists

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317560 by krileon
So you have an All Categories menu item in addition to a menu item to a specific category. The links in that specific category end up linking to the All Categories menu item by mistake? Does this only happen to links outside of GJ itself?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317561 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?

The links in that specific category end up linking to the All Categories menu item by mistake?

Yes if the user is not logged in, which makes an infinite loop.
If the user is logged in, it seems that the last specific category link is used instead of the main one

Does this only happen to links outside of GJ itself?

If you mean GJ links built outside of GJ the answer is yes as we use JRoute on non sef GJ links in another page and get the same result

3 years 11 months ago #317564 by krileon
It sounds like you're trying to use Joomla menu access permission separate from Category access permission. That will not work. You can't have the following scenario.

Category 1 = Public
Category 1 Menu = Registered

If you do this public users can't access Category 1 if it has that menu items Itemid. You need to keep the access consistent. With the above you should have the below.

Category 1 = Public
Category 1 Menu = Public

If you only want that menu item visible to registered users then you need to rethink your menu structure as you're double access protecting something. I don't think GJ is every going to be able to really handle this correctly and you'll see the same issue with Joomla content (e.g. public article with registered menu item).

The only way to wrokaround that is to omit the Itemid from it and if CB is building the menu items it should do that in the above case since we check menu access permission, but it's not going to do that for your links manually linked externally as Joomla will do the entire Itemid finding behavior then.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn