[#7911] GroupJive router ?

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318518 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
Must have left the #6778 on All Groups by mistake because it's supposed to be the Group #60 which I just set again.

Then the behavior is not correct if you go to CB Activity and try to access from CB Activity (fourth button in the bottom bar) another group then it's not displayed but only the Group #60 is displayed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318522 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
Ok, I see it happening on your site, but still can't reproduce locally but I believe I see why it's happening in the routing code. The problem is we've too many ways to reach groups via SEF. Reviewing the routing code to see if this can be quickly fixed otherwise it will have to wait. I am trying to improve our downloads section and install from web and can't afford to continue to have more interruptions or it's never going to get done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318523 by activha
Ok in this case I switch back to the external url use to access groups and categories id, that's the only solution for now

Let me know once you have a solution

3 years 11 months ago #318528 by krileon
Ok, believe I have this fixed now. The issue was it kept mixing up which ID to rely on. Either the one in the URL or the one in the menu item. It now prioritizes ID in the URL with fallback the ID in the menu. You're still going to have some strange SEF paths due to the Itemid parsing issue mentioned earlier that needs to be fixed in CB itself, but GJ now can at least figure out where you're trying to go properly.

I've installed a test build on your install. Please confirm it's working properly for you. I've already tested the few group URLs in your activity and they appear working fine, but you may have more URLs you wish to test to be extra cautious. Once you've confirmed is working fine will release a new build with the fix. If you are having issues still you can override the test build by simple reinstalling CB GroupJive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318535 by activha
Yes it seems to work fine like this. The strange paths are not a problem for now as long as people go to the right places.
By the way, could your fix have an impact on the problem that we just have regarding redirections of some links to the connection page ?

3 years 11 months ago #318547 by krileon

Yes it seems to work fine like this. The strange paths are not a problem for now as long as people go to the right places.

Great, will make a new build with the fix in that case. Thank you for confirming.

By the way, could your fix have an impact on the problem that we just have regarding redirections of some links to the connection page ?

Nope, it can't touch URLs outside itself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn