[#7911] GroupJive router ?

3 years 11 months ago #318488 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?

Disable SEF and check the Itemid it's using in its URL...

I checked and the itemid used is always the latest menu published with CB Groupjive as plugin, whether it's a link pointing to a category id, a group id or joined groups or anything else does not matter. It's always the latest used and that brings of course lots of 404 errors

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318490 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
After setting up your CB GroupJive menu items create one to the All Groups page or All Categories page. That should remedy the 404 issue for the time being. I've to figure out the best way to go about this as the issue is with the Itemid matching behavior. Currently our Itemid usage functions as follows.

First it checks if the current page Itemid is a match for the currently rendered URL. If it's not it then checks the database to see if a menu item exists, but it does this per URL so is bad on performance. To combat this it does fallback behavior where it mainly checks for its root. So for example it checks for a menu item existing for the plugin and will use the first one found. This can be bypassed to only look for an exact match, but if you do that it won't fallback if there isn't an exact match.

It's a bit of a nightmare to explain, but the bottom line is I need to completely rewrite our Itemid function. It was bandaided awhile back to improve the performance some, but since the introduction of plugin routers it's just not ideal anymore. It's too easy to end up with URLs having either no Itemid or the wrong Itemid with our current implementation.

Have added a feature ticket for this improvement in CB. Once improved it more or less should just automatically fix any wrong Itemid usages since it's all handled at URL render time.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8010

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318507 by activha

After setting up your CB GroupJive menu items create one to the All Groups page or All Categories page. That should remedy the 404 issue for the time being.

I tried but no luck. The itemid used is always the last set with a real group or category id.
It seems that this only happens in CB Activity though as all other paths stay correct with the All Categories and All Groups anywhere else in CB and accessible from outside.

So far only links in streams seem impacted. Can it help ?

That's a big problem as we have a user group with an automatic GJ group creation when they subscribe. This means that the last group created will always be used in CB Activity for links, so bringing lots of 404 errors if this is not solved for CB Activity

3 years 11 months ago #318508 by krileon
I am not getting 404 errors from CB GroupJive menu items. CB Activity is constructing URLs the same way the rest of GJ is. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials with steps to see your exact issue and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318510 by activha
PM sent

3 years 11 months ago #318516 by krileon
The menu item it is falling back to has an Itemid of 6778. That menu item is the following.

Plugin: CB GroupJive
Action: All Groups

That is working exactly as it's supposed to. It will fallback to the last available "All Groups" menu item. Your menu item 6678 is also an All Groups menu item, but 6778 is the last available so it'll be used instead. None of this is producing 404s on your site and can access groups as well as their categories perfectly fine from CB Activity. At this point I still don't understand what the issue is, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn