[#7911] GroupJive router ?

3 years 11 months ago #318429 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive router ?
Hi Kyle

I come back to this subject as we need to attach modules to some categories id and its groups and some to special groups only.
Without correct url rewriting, this is pretty difficult to have a standard behavior.
Could you tell me when you forecast a correction of this ? or if you can implement module position display within the GJ template ? or if you have another idea for this ?
Thanks for your suggestions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318435 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive router ?
Timeframe for what? The infinite redirect issue has been resolved. You should be able to create Joomla menu items to categories or groups fine, but your modules assigned to those menu items are only going to be displayed when those specific menu items are accessed. If you need a module on a category or group no matter how it's accessed there isn't really a solution for that beyond acting on GJ triggers and trying to insert the module into the page or making a custom GJ template that outputs modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318452 by activha

Timeframe for what?

The incorrect display of GJ groups and cats within other areas of CB.
For instance if I add a joomla menu link to a specific group or category, then this link is used everywhere within CB Activity instead of the main GJ category link.
This brings lots of 404 errors and what the second reason (after infinite loop) why we had to move to external links (which are not fine for SEO and sharing)

3 years 11 months ago #318454 by krileon
We do not provide timeframes here. I've no idea when that will be fixed. It has not been an issue until now. I was only able to duplicate the infinite redirect. The rest of your issues I am unable to confirm. CB Activity is supposed to be using that menu item so that is working correctly. I will be reviewing the router again once I get to that ticket when I find time, but right now fixing Install from Web is a priority as it keeps failing for a significant amount of people.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318456 by activha

CB Activity is supposed to be using that menu item so that is working correctly

I strongly doubt it as CB Activity is using the last GJ menu item published ! Which brings to lots of 404 errors instead of using the main category menu (for instance All Categories or All groups)

3 years 11 months ago #318460 by krileon

I strongly doubt it as CB Activity is using the last GJ menu item published ! Which brings to lots of 404 errors instead of using the main category menu (for instance All Categories or All groups)

Disable SEF and check the Itemid it's using in its URL. Then match that against your menu item. This will tell you exactly what menu item it is using. I believe a see the potential issue though. Joomla menu URLs don't include "func" and func=show is being set on the URLs, which will cause the lookup to fail. Right now it's not possible to implement OR cases for our Itemid lookup. That's something that we need improved in CB itself. In reality we just need to completely rewrite and improve routing behavior. Plugins also need to move away from using func and just consolidate it in action so instead of &action=categories&func=show you'd have &action=categories.show or more appropriately for a category you'd have &action=category.show. So a couple of things need to happen to improve the rewriting. Plugin routing is still in its infancy and only a few plugins are actually utilizing it right now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn