[SOLVED] VAT in my invoices

11 years 3 weeks ago #225950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic VAT in my invoices
The Company Name needs to be populated for VAT to display. So you need to populate Company Name and VAT. Within CBSubs it serves no purpose beyond business usage (CBSubs Tax) and isn't passed to most payment gateways as they've no use for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #225971 by myann
Replied by myann on topic VAT in my invoices
The company name is displayed. The field is filled in. But no VAT in the basket because of the country field that is empty. In my country, companies do not have VAT number, so I can't fill this field. If I put "none" with an auto action, will it suite?

The VAT value is different dipending on the country. But for this moment I can use one by default. But I do not know how tu set it as mandatory.

11 years 3 weeks ago #225987 by krileon
I don't understand, you want VAT or you don't want VAT? If you don't want VAT then you can try removing it from the XML file below, which determines the display of the invoice address form.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

VAT has no purpose beyond CBSubs Tax. Most gateways don't have VAT so we only send address, country, city, state, and zip if possible (but not required by any gateway).

For VAT to work the "Company" must have a value. Note when you populate these fields with a value it does not fire the jQuery when going to invoice address (this is a known bug) so you need to click or change the value of "Company" to trigger the jQuery so VAT will show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago #226015 by myann
Let me explain :
In our country, we do not have VAT Number but the VAT tax must be included in the invoice.
If I have client from France, they have VAT number and I have to add the tax too.

So I do not need VAT number but I need VAT tax depending on the location of the client.

I noticed the jQuery bug, so I have to wait for the release which will solve it because I cannot ask my client to click or change the value to show the VAT. I think they will be happy to spend less money ;-)

So, if there is no other solution to show the VAT everytime, I must forbit my clients to pay inline.

11 years 3 weeks ago #226024 by krileon
Tax is geo location based. VAT is only used for "European Union Tax settings" under the Tax settings. So you can have location by location tax usage perfectly fine without VAT. Please see your CBSubs documentation for CBSubs Tax usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 3 weeks ago #226041 by myann
Yes, I understand what you mean, but the country does not appear in the form, even if the field has a value in the database, so it does not work neither. :-(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn