Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC2 Released

9 years 7 months ago #248514 by krileon

I have found changes in the table _comprofiler_lists and the fields "usergroupids" (other delimiter), "sortfields" (moved to "params") and "filterfields" (moved to "params"). Will there be more DB changes affecting the user lists I need to know when trying to fix CBmailing (I need to hire a freelancer)?

Hard to say, we make changes as necessary. We have migration in place for Userlists though that fully migrates all of your userlist values properly so none of your existing lists should be broken. As for 3rd party plugins we've no way of knowing what columns a plugin is using exactly. You can see our core database scheme in the below file, which you can DIFF to previous releases to see changes.

administrator/components/com_comprofiler/database/database.cbcore.xml

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248562 by marketsetc
Rats.

The configuration of RC2 went OK after upgrading on my test site, but the profile page comes up with a blank screen.

Any suggestions? Is this still an issue from having unused usergroups?

Thx.

9 years 7 months ago #248563 by nant

marketsetc wrote: Rats.

The configuration of RC2 went OK after upgrading on my test site, but the profile page comes up with a blank screen.

Any suggestions? Is this still an issue from having unused usergroups?

Thx.

Turn on Joomla debug at maximum level and post back messages.

9 years 7 months ago #248564 by marketsetc
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .../public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbforums/models/kunena20.php on line 47

9 years 7 months ago #248568 by michaedt
This may not be new to CB2, but worth a mention.
I notice when searching and clicking on member profiles that the username is part of SEF urls (which looks great). I usually have the name as the profile title, which means other users will now have the name and username of anyone they want. This seems like an easy way for someone to start guessing username and password combinations. Is there a way to base SEF on user ID? I'm probably overly sensitive. What are your thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248580 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC2 Released

michaedt wrote: ... username is part of SEF urls (which looks great). I usually have the name as the profile title, which means other users will now have the name and username of anyone they want. This seems like an easy way for someone to start guessing username and password combinations. Is there a way to base SEF on user ID? ...

Good point. I share your general opinion and thoughts about security. For sure, SEF URL and indexing and access might be different for each site and use case. But you are right, it should be possible to have the choice how the profile URL is structured and build.

AFAIK in the past, the only way to manipulate the CB profile URL was a bigger 3rd Party extension like MijoSEF / AceSEF + respective free CB addons. Or Simbunch's ProfileURL .

@Joomlapolis
Any plans to have basic SEF/URL configuration? Preferibly with J! core and CB core features.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn