CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

13 years 7 months ago #143111 by Roland
CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released was created by Roland
This thread discusses the Content article: CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

Hello,

thanks for the new plugin.

It works fine.

Just one issue: There is a script-file (connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js) with 87KB loaded on every page you find the login...

Is there no other way (e.g. load the script after clicking on Facebook-Connect-Logo)?

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #143151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

Is there no other way (e.g. load the script after clicking on Facebook-Connect-Logo)?

No, it is Facebooks external JS library. It is required at all points of time when FBC is being used. Sorry, but there's just no workaround for this. It is a little overhead, but it's certainly worth the user potential.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #143181 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released
Now I got the information from a view users that see my homepage and then the side is automatic redirected to a white page...

At the moment I've no idea why it happens.

One user report me that he was sawing this url:http://www.simple-quality.de/index.php?phpMyAdmin=567f6a4ca42efcdcf31f95bd6024da34&fb_xd_fragment#?=&cb=f1b2e743b6ec5c3&relation=parent&transport=fragment&frame=f3d4324c00da7f

He reported that at first the adress from my homepage was shown and after that the adress from facebook and then a white screen cames.

On most users everything is fine. This user had IE 7, but I and some other also tested it on IE 7 without problems...

I deactivate it now and everythings works fine now.

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

13 years 7 months ago #143183 by krileon
FBC reloads the page, it does not redirect unless there is an error and even then it redirects to the page the user was just on. I's not possible for it to simply create a URL to redirect to. You've tested this and confirmed working, as have we. Believe this is an issue the user themselves is experience due to lack of browsing knowledge or something of the sort. I'd be happy to test your environment by PMing me backend login credentials and taking a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #143250 by jetscram
Replied by jetscram on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released
Hi, This plugin works great, but not in all areas. The connect button is only showing on component/comprofiler/login but will not show on the home page

I've looked at the source of both and noticed that the comprofiler login is loads the face book javascript, but the homepage, and other pages do not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Post edited by: jetscram, at: 2010/10/01 19:06

13 years 7 months ago #143293 by krileon
jetscram wrote:

Hi, This plugin works great, but not in all areas. The connect button is only showing on component/comprofiler/login but will not show on the home page

I've looked at the source of both and noticed that the comprofiler login is loads the face book javascript, but the homepage, and other pages do not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Post edited by: jetscram, at: 2010/10/01 19:06

Please ensure you've configured the CB login module to use CB plugin integrations. The CB login module is required on all pages you intended to use FBC. Please review the documentation closely. Also ensure your installation is completely up to date and running CB 1.2.3 (this includes the module).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn