CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

13 years 7 months ago #143294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released
Roland wrote:

Now I got the information from a view users that see my homepage and then the side is automatic redirected to a white page...

At the moment I've no idea why it happens.

One user report me that he was sawing this url:http://www.simple-quality.de/index.php?phpMyAdmin=567f6a4ca42efcdcf31f95bd6024da34&fb_xd_fragment#?=&cb=f1b2e743b6ec5c3&relation=parent&transport=fragment&frame=f3d4324c00da7f

He reported that at first the adress from my homepage was shown and after that the adress from facebook and then a white screen cames.

On most users everything is fine. This user had IE 7, but I and some other also tested it on IE 7 without problems...

I deactivate it now and everythings works fine now.

Have confirmed your site is working perfectly fine with FBC in IE7, IE8, FF, and Chrome. Not sure what the issue is, but is working perfectly fine. Believe the individual users problem was remote and not cause for concern.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #143297 by jetscram
Replied by jetscram on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

Please ensure you've configured the CB login module to use CB plugin integrations. The CB login module is required on all pages you intended to use FBC. Please review the documentation closely. Also ensure your installation is completely up to date and running CB 1.2.3 (this includes the module).

Thank you for the response. I've run through the documentation thoroughly. I respect your time and wouldn't bug you if i couldn't find the answer there. I've tried many things to get this to work before coming to the forums :D

The integration option has been on from the start. CB 1.2.3 is installed on Joomla Version 1.5.16 (The FBC plugin docs say Joomla 1.5.X)

CBlogin module is running on the home page
<jdoc:include type="module" name="mod_cblogin" />
homepage but the facebook login does not show.

Only the direct path to /comprofiler/login shows the facebook login and includes the scripts in view source.

I'm continually toying with this, and again, thank you for any help and direction you can provide.

Do you have an example of where this is working?

Post edited by: jetscram, at: 2010/10/01 23:45

Post edited by: jetscram, at: 2010/10/01 23:46

13 years 7 months ago #143309 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released
The earlier version worked OK but this version doesn't give me the LINK option (just gives me a facebook sign in option when already logged into Facebook and Joomla)

CB=1.2.3
Joomla=1.5.20
CB_FBC=1.1

Site = www.geoies.com

Is this a bug? or possibly someone I'm doing wrong? :whistle:

Post edited by: Kymmy, at: 2010/10/02 12:46

Will uninstall for now.. DO hope to see this stable and working :)

Post edited by: Kymmy, at: 2010/10/02 16:11

Sites I use Community Builder on: www.bartonleclay.org www.super-tenere.net www.geoies.com

13 years 7 months ago #143321 by Kymmy
More info:

When I hit the SIGN IN button it gives me the following error and logs me out of facebook

Facebook ID already in use or account mismatch!

Not sure if that's any help

Sites I use Community Builder on: www.bartonleclay.org www.super-tenere.net www.geoies.com

13 years 7 months ago #143369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect 1.1 Released

Only the direct path to /comprofiler/login shows the facebook login and includes the scripts in view source.

Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

The earlier version worked OK but this version doesn't give me the LINK option (just gives me a facebook sign in option when already logged into Facebook and Joomla)

Right due to massive API changes the LINK button is gone, but signing in while logged into Joomla will link a user. The feature is there it just does not say LINK.

When I hit the SIGN IN button it gives me the following error and logs me out of facebook

This means your Facebook account is already existing on the Joomla installation, but you're logged in as a different Joomla user. If My_Name is your facebook account and you're logged in as Test1 then it will not log you into My_Name unless you first logout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #143436 by Kymmy
krileon wrote:

This means your Facebook account is already existing on the Joomla installation, but you're logged in as a different Joomla user. If My_Name is your facebook account and you're logged in as Test1 then it will not log you into My_Name unless you first logout.

So which [MY_NAME] does it use?? Facebook name, realname, first name, surname??

Pity they changed this as I could link my KYMMY cb account with my [Kymmy L***-T****] account without them having to be the same :( Not your fault though but facebooks..

Thanks for the answer..

PS.. You need to change the documentation then to that effect.. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn