How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

17 years 9 months ago #16764 by madcat
thanks !

Do you have a plain text version of these files ? i mean without the SQL ....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16765 by madcat
hmmmm i've read it and looks like its the same sad thing...

"Occupied territories" etc... obviously that was added manually by someone who had wish to express his personal politiacl opinions and had not found a better place for that.

Here is a similar list of countries :

www.columbia.edu/kermit/postal.html

the official international name is "Palestinian National Authority"

NOT as in the list you provided "Palestine Occupied Territories - Israel" which is obviously political statemnt i should not be included in a general country list on a site...

here is an official "Index of Countries and Localities" from USPS postal services :

pe.usps.com/text/Imm/Immctry.html i could not find any string that includes "pales" there ...

Obviously the list had been manually edited and God knows what other political incorrect things are there... that is not somth i want my clients to see....

17 years 9 months ago #17546 by sunny
This is one the best and easy tutorial. It saved a lot in populating this field. Excellent work! Keep it up.

17 years 8 months ago #17731 by Chaos
nice tut 5/5, very good tho

17 years 8 months ago #17877 by smeallum
Don't want to start an argument, but the lists that originated this article are waaaaaaaaay incorrect if we are looking for a list of countries.

They are from Postal Companies, which usually make their own division of the earth according to their logistics. So make sure you don't get confused. Unless the purpose of your list is directly related to delivery of packages, etc... that's NOT a list that shows the countries in the world

A lot of those "countries" in the lists posted here are regions in countries.

Depending on how consistent you want the country list to be, check and official list of countries from institutions such as UN, or the ISO country list, etc... They might vary in one or two of the naming, and they might have 1 or 2 countries more give or take, but we are speaking of a number of:

230 countries all together in the world NOT 400 :whistle:

As i said, it depends from your requirements, but in my case, i think that it's something important, so i made sure i have an accurate one
;)

Cheers,
NiCo

17 years 8 months ago #17878 by madcat
Replied by madcat on topic Yes i've noticed this problem.
Can you please post the correct country list ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn