How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

17 years 11 months ago #11422 by Bink
SQL knowledge is needed to use that page. For example, the log in steps to get to MySQL are missing steps. When I stated step by step that is literally what I meant. Some designers are not familiar with MYSQL or PHP. This component is a Joomla add on and it seems more complicated to use than Joomla. These are my experiences with this application.

There are several mods for this comp. but each require work in the db. ex. the Birthday component. Is there a user's manual that is easy to read for this sw?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11434 by nant
Bink wrote:

SQL knowledge is needed to use that page. For example, the log in steps to get to MySQL are missing steps. When I stated step by step that is literally what I meant. Some designers are not familiar with MYSQL or PHP. This component is a Joomla add on and it seems more complicated to use than Joomla. These are my experiences with this application.

There are several mods for this comp. but each require work in the db. ex. the Birthday component. Is there a user's manual that is easy to read for this sw?

Well ...

We can easily do this by using phpmyadmin to make some additions to the related comprofiler tables.

It is assumed that you know how to start the phpmyadmin application on your host. If not then you have problems.

17 years 11 months ago #11457 by dsendecki
This goes beyond the kind of support that any developers need necessarily provide.

There are alternatives -- you can enter each country in individually, for example -- if you are unable to use PHPmyADMIN. Alternatively, you could hire someone to do this for you.

If you are around this weekend -- I could help you. PM me your MSN or Google Talk ID and we can chat about it.

17 years 10 months ago #13413 by amellie
I read the previous posts in this thead and found that a lot of people are getting SQL commands error... (the same thing that happened to me last time). So I edit the file (country_list.txt) so that it's using SQL commands.

Attached is the edited version of the country_list.txt...

If you want to use it, you have to do 2 things:
- change "put-the-table-name-here" to be the table name of the community builder.. in my case is "jos_comprofiler_field_values" (without the quote).
- change "put-the-fieldid-here" to be the fieldid value.

then you can just import the file into phpmyadmin... :)

Attachment country_list.txt not found

Attachments:

17 years 10 months ago #13564 by pakito1
Country list in spanish
-Listado de paises en español

Attachment paises_cb.zip not found

Post edited by: pakito1, at: 2006/05/22 11:43
Attachments:

17 years 10 months ago #14054 by bzn
Some of you guys might have the same problem as I had. My webspace provider disabled this function "Insert data from a text file into the table" because of security issues. I always got the error "#1045 - Access denied for user: 'xxxxxxxx@localhost' (Using password: YES)". I had to change the whole procedure. If somebody is interested, please pm me. SQL knowledge is still needed!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn