How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

17 years 10 months ago #14514 by Bink
I'm getting a 404 error message when I try to access this file. Does anyone have this file or a fix to how to use this list? My host removed the "Insert data from a text file into the table" link in myphpadmin so I don't have that as an option and do not want to enter each country manually.

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14515 by Bink
I missed your comment about starting the myphpadmin. That I know how to start so I don't have problems. The posts after your post state that many hosting providers do not have that option of Insert data from a text file into the table that the directions state. Others are having the same problems. Maybe these text files or any text files going forward for any fixes or hacks should be written in a SQL format so that it can be universally used.

17 years 10 months ago #14649 by MikeDLA
My version of myphpAdmin (2.8.0.2 at my web host) does not have the "insert data from a text file into the table" link.
So I guess I'm at a dead end...

17 years 10 months ago #14677 by chucktrukk
Replied by chucktrukk on topic Re:How to populate a CB Field with a Country List
I have attached a version of the statelist for people using older versions of PHPMyAdmin.

Instructions for Use:
1. Download the file
2. Open File with Notepad (or whatever text editor)
3. Replace Your-Fieldid-Number-Here with your field id
4. Save
5. in PHPMyAdmin, go to jos_comprofiler_field_values
6. Click Import
7. Choose this file

This worked for me.

Chuck

DISCLAIMER
This may not work for you. I make no guarantees and give no warranties for this. I am not liable for anything good or bad that may happen when you use this file.

Attachment SQL_Import_For_Dist_cb_statelist.txt not found

Post edited by: chucktrukk, at: 2006/06/04 12:05
Attachments:

17 years 10 months ago #15594 by parth
Hello the file in question is not on the server anymore...
Can u please re attach it??

Parth

amellie wrote:

I read the previous posts in this thead and found that a lot of people are getting SQL commands error... (the same thing that happened to me last time). So I edit the file (country_list.txt) so that it's using SQL commands.

Attached is the edited version of the country_list.txt...

If you want to use it, you have to do 2 things:
- change "put-the-table-name-here" to be the table name of the community builder.. in my case is "jos_comprofiler_field_values" (without the quote).
- change "put-the-fieldid-here" to be the fieldid value.

then you can just import the file into phpmyadmin... :)

Attachment country_list.txt not found

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

17 years 9 months ago #16011 by mischa
comenius wrote:

Here's the same thing, but for time zones. You'll need to follow the same directions for creating the country list.

-David

Attachment CB_time_zones_import_file.txt not found

Would it be possible to re-upload/re-attach this file again, because it's already deleted from the server...:huh:

Thanks in advance!!!

Projectmember of the BirthDays Module Project

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn