How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

12 years 8 months ago #173154 by canexpat
Hi there. This article saved me a mountain of time.

One question. Is there a way of exporting my CB user list which includes the Country field that has now been populated but the drop down menu?

I can export a user list through Joomla after syncing easy enough but the custom drop down country field does not sync (of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174626 by AstralGod

BCMovs wrote: Try again, it works.

Didn't read this entire thread, but just incase this wasn't mentioned, the link Insert data from a text file into the table mentioned in article www.joomlapolis.com/news/10208?task=view, no longer exists, at least not on my myPHPAdmin. Instead use the Import Tab. Browse for your txt file, change the format to CSV and as said before, input fieldid,fieldtitle,ordering at Column names text field. See attachment...

Worked for me. :)

Many thanks for this, it worked like a charm. :woohoo:

12 years 7 months ago #176546 by AstralGod
Hello.
Subsidiary question:

In the moderation email, i have:
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Company - [COMPANY]\n'
.'City - [CITY]\n'
.'Country - [COUNTRY]\n');

But the [COUNTRY] field is now empty as the field is not the same.

How can i fix this please ?

Thanks.

12 years 2 weeks ago #196844 by matthiasbehrends
Replied by matthiasbehrends on topic Re: How to populate a CB Field with a Country List
The file link to country list does not work any longer. Update please :)

11 years 11 months ago #199095 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: How to populate a CB Field with a Country List
the txt file provided is using ; as separator. it produce an error while trying to import. if you see that error, just use notepad "replace" all ; with ,

it will work fine then. cheers.

11 years 5 months ago #214668 by grdogg
That was easy, just had to import your "CB country_list" into excel, add new first column to match next consecutive fieldvalueId and add new last column for sys with 0's and save as .csv and import into database (CB 1.8.1). Thanks :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn