Captcha 2.0 Released for Documentation Service Sub

16 years 5 months ago #49687 by StrongDotGuy
Thanks, beat. I saw you registered.

For some reason, the link out of a webmail account in IE7 was impaired in some way. I suspect that users who have email client software and, perhaps, other browsers will not have this issue. I guess I'll deal with those folks if it becomes an issue.

Whew! Getting all these components, modules and mambots working together is taxing. I still have to tackle a bridged forum and gallery that permits video files. Thanks for Community Builder...and the handholding :).
The topic has been locked.
16 years 3 months ago #54522 by druckgott
Hallo, I have updated to 2.0 Captcha.

But I geht spam registrations.
It´s not often but sometimes I get one.

I have testet all fonds to protect it but this do not help.

What could I do?

An Issue from me is to add a mathematic code to the image so that you have to enter the solution into the textbox.
16 years 3 months ago #54562 by beat
Those spam registrations are most probably human ones. Unfortunately a few spammers are doing it that way, by hiring people to spam. :(

At least that's what I see on large websites with captcha.

Those will also be able to do basic calculations as well.

Not sure if there is any mean to protect against that, unless your site is for phd students only, and you start doing phd-grade math. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
16 years 1 month ago #58936 by parallel666killer
Replied by parallel666killer on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 Released for Documentation Service
Hi everybody! :)

I can't see captcha image on front-end and also on back-end. :(
Instead I have a box with written inside "Image with inconporated security code" (translated from Italian).
If I try to hear the testing sound on plugin settings, I receive a blank page with written "count(_SESSION) == 0".

Plugin is enabled (published).
Plugin requisites are satisfied:
GD: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
Freetype: enabled

Permissions on components/com_comprofiler and /administrator/components/com_profiler (and ALL their subdirectories, also in captcha plugin dirs) are 755.

Here is my full configuration:

Shared Linux hosting on ARUBA Italian servers.
Joomla 1.5.1 - Legacy mode enabled - Cache disabled
CB 1.1 - Captcha 2.0.1 plugin (published).

PHP creato il: Linux webx18.ad.aruba.it 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed Feb 13 15:24:10 CET 2008 i686
Versione database: 5.0.54-log
Collation Database: utf8_general_ci
Versione PHP: 4.4.7
Server Web: Apache/2.0
Server web per interfaccia PHP: cgi
Versione di Joomla!: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT

gdGD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
T1Lib Support enabled
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

I had the same problem on CB 1.1, user image was not shown on modify profile page and there was a box instead of the image. But in the login module image was shown.
I had to modify cbcore.php because the image URL needed a / before images/com_profiler. :laugh:

Please can you help me?
Thank you in advance.

Fabio

www.meteomontecchio.com/immagini/captcha1.jpg

www.meteomontecchio.com/immagini/captcha2.jpg

www.meteomontecchio.com/immagini/captcha3.jpg

www.meteomontecchio.com/immagini/captcha4.jpg

Post edited by: parallel666killer, at: 2008/03/14 14:34
Attachments:
16 years 1 month ago #58945 by parallel666killer
Replied by parallel666killer on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 Released for Documentation Service
Sorry guys!

I searched in the forum and I solved the problem.
I needed to set database sessions to none in Joomla global configuration.

Thank you! ;)

Post edited by: parallel666killer, at: 2008/03/14 14:50
16 years 2 weeks ago #60551 by jevans1962
Replied by jevans1962 on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 Released for Documentation Service
I have attempted to install the 2.0 version of Captcha.
The install goes fine but then i do not get the image or the sound. Just a placeholder. I have the appropriate gd settings as detailed. I have checked file permissions and for characters beyond the ?>. I have also checked to make sure that i do not have more than one instance in tab. Any Ideas? php 5 + joomla 1.52
Happy to give u admin info. Website is www.at-network.net - if u give me email i will send u password

Thanks
Jeffrey Evans
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn