CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement

15 years 11 months ago #62960 by dping28
I believe most if not all of the 1.1 releases require legacy mode for J! 1.5 while CB 1.2 is native so the release of the 1.2 ver of TEAM releases would also be J! 1.5 native. And I think they are updating them to take advantage of the newer API thats inplace in CB 1.2

-D

CB Testteam member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #62962 by subhumanjackyl
Replied by subhumanjackyl on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
apollonios wrote:

What about with SMF compatibility?
I have CB and SMF 4 years ago... :(

I am wondering the same thing...:whistle:

Either way, great work CB team!

15 years 11 months ago #62969 by BoonDocksaint
Replied by BoonDocksaint on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
Well well well B) Finaly the day is near for the new release....
I realy hope that the component are greath and can do what i need it to do on my site:)

I am quit new in CB land, and realy hope i can use the component.

It is possible to see a demo on how 1.2 works and how it look?
The design is important for me, and i hope it looks different from 1.1 witch is very different from the site i have.

Also i look forward to see a complete featurelist, where all functions are included.

Have the TEAM any idea about witch 3rd party component works with 1.2??? Also some realy important information :whistle:

I just subscribed to 2008 for 2 reasons.
1. I admire the work people do and i respect the people who participate. Also if i can´t use CB :)
2. I get the component faster :laugh:

15 years 11 months ago #62971 by rdiaztushman
Replied by rdiaztushman on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
Great Job!! One quick question: I'm about to become a subscriber for documentation, but before I do, I want to confirm or squash one rumor i've heard -- is any of the code of CB now going to be encrypted?

Thanks in advance for answering!

15 years 11 months ago #62978 by beat
rdiaztushman wrote:

Great Job!! One quick question: I'm about to become a subscriber for documentation, but before I do, I want to confirm or squash one rumor i've heard -- is any of the code of CB now going to be encrypted?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Where did you hear such wrong rumors ?! :( Please react there and squash that false rumor ! :laugh: : CB is a community project, and is open source. There is no reason to encrypt CB, which is an open-source software ! We just want to give a special big "Thank You" to our supporters, which made it possible to spend more than "just" our free time on CB :-), by giving them earlier access (with of course full CB sources).

To fully clarify, I'm not speaking here of commercial extensions, but of Community Builder itself, and of the free open-source add-ons from the CB Team. :)

Lots of extensions already exist around CB 1.1, both free and commercial, both source-form and encoded ones. Most will continue to be running just fine on CB 1.2, as great care has been taken for backwards API compatibility. ;)

CB 1.2 is a big release, the new features are only the tip of the iceberg (new engine inside CB ). It is also one of the two big milestone that we have planed for CB 2.0, which will become something really nice for community websites, later this year. :woohoo:

I would like to add something here: CB is open-minded. We have always encouraged developers to not hack CB, but to develop plugins (we have been extending the API whenever asked by a developer), so that integrations can be made easily, and without hassle for the user. We encourage cooperation instead of hacks, wherever whenever possible :)

With CB 1.2, developers (all official 3pd CB developers are part of CB testteam and have access to CB 1.2 beta releases :) ) are getting a new API for custom-type fields, and many new "community" events, triggered by CB, so that almost anything can be made with CB with clean plugins, and without hacking the core.

Isn't that all what's nice about open-source, cooperation ?

---

To reply on SMF integration question, it's not part of core CB 1.2., but there is CB plugin alpha available from SMF which works fine on CB in Mambo environments, together with the Mambo bridge from SMF and keeps CB and SMF profiles nicely synchronized. This plugin and bridge doesn't run on Joomla. Currently, this SMF CB plugin supports only registration with the CB registration, login and logout with the CB login module. If you want to discuss about SMF integration, please open a separate forum topic. ;)

---

I would like to give another special big Thank you to all who are subscribing these days, and posting really nice and encouraging messages, we are seeing them, reading them, and it's really really nice.

Releasing CB 1.2 final beta 8 to testteam (and upgrading this site with it part of that last test) and releasing shortly thereafter 1.2 RC to the doc subscribers here is our very next highest prirority, so there will be no demo sites or lots of marketing efforts, just basic hard work. ;)

Now, that the above is clarified, back to work on CB 1.2 to fix the 36 remaining identified bugs :woohoo: It's one of the most exciting times in CB history :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #62981 by powderburned
Replied by powderburned on topic Re:CB 1.2 Feature Set - Prerelease Announcement
Will there be a migrator file made for the Joomla migrator? I assume there will be an upgrade path written up for those who want to move from CB1.1/joomla 1.0.x to CB1.2/Joomla 1.5.x?

By the way, I believe you have an excellent product and am very excited to see the RC! Thanks for all your hard work!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.988 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn