MyCommunity Template Released!

15 years 3 months ago #88629 by proterra
Replied by proterra on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
I am only posted my own opinion to the template function. Is this forbidden? I´m a subscriber and registered many years ago.

I don´t know why I can´t post my own mind on this board.

I didn´t us invective words or anything. I am only posted that there are many other template-option in the www. Ant I posted it without links

Is this irrespectful? If you say yes, than exclude me from the board and gave me my money back.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #88649 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
edited reply:

proterra,

As said in our PM exchange: words can be written, read and interpreted in many ways. Sometimes it happens that they are interpreted in a completely different way then the intended one, and trigger unexpected reactions. That simply happens, to me too. When it happens to me I try to adjust my words to clarify them in a way that they get better understood, and I also listen and try to understand if my opinion/idea might be wrong.

To clarify as in PM, no issues about well founded constructive critisism which allows exchange of ideas to improve things and understanding.

Respectfully,

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/02/15 01:02

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #88669 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
Hi,

nice template altough it is not that innovative ;)

Don't know if it is a feature or a bug. The Login Boxes and the search boxes are out of range. The padding should be the same as in other modules, shouldn't it?

screenshot taken with FF 3.06 and Ubuntu amd64

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2009/02/13 20:41

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################
Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #88674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
ndee wrote:

Hi,

Don't know if it is a feature or a bug. The Login Boxes and the search boxes are out of range. The padding should be the same as in other modules, shouldn't it?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but extended input boxes is user error.

Examine your login module and reduce the Username length and Password length.

Now examine your search module and reduce Box Width accordingly.

Remember when adjusting these parameters for one template it will not always fit properly in another template.

Additionally you can adjust the width of the columns rather then reducing your input size (see documentation).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #88683 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
krileon wrote:

ndee wrote:

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but extended input boxes is user error.

Remember when adjusting these parameters for one template it will not always fit properly in another template.

Additionally you can adjust the width of the columns rather then reducing your input size (see documentation).

this is a screenshot from the demo site ...

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 3 months ago #88686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
ndee wrote:

krileon wrote:

ndee wrote:

Hi,

this is a screenshot from the demo site ...

That makes more sense. Thank you for the clarification. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn